Jim's Celebration of Life Service .....

17th June 2021 (Thursday)     12.30 .... It’s an absolute cracker o’ a day;  


sunny and warn (nearly hot) with, luckily a light cooling breeze.   I photographed my way round the villages;  and remembered to pick up my paper, before meandering down to the harbour.    This was at  08.00 so there was warmth in the sun by that time.... and loads of folk out doing stuff.

With it being a perfect drying day I did a washing that was in the machine;  probably less than half a load.... but I wanted to take advantage of the braw day.   I also put the bike battery on charge so I’ll have a fully charged bike for tomorrow;   I hope tomorrow is another day like today.

My next mission will be to have lunch then get myself ready for Jim’s ‘Celebration of Life’ Service at Kirkcaldy Crematorium.    The service is at 15.45. and Geoff is picking me up at 15.00.   I’ll be ready in plenty of time, just in case Geoff arrives earlier.


22.00    Jim’s ‘Celebration of Life’ service was done perfectly;  the slide show, of photographs;  of Jim, Myra the family and friends evoked many memories of a ‘Boy’ who led an active and varied life.     The service was excellent, with David and Sandy describing their Dad, and Mum’s, journey through life lovingly;  a lifetime of work, family, travels and adventure;  sadly Jim’s part in that life has reached its conclusion, but, my word, there was much ‘Life’ to celebrate.   Thankfully we still have Myra to brighten up our lives.... and keep ‘her other boys’ (Geoff and me) in check. 

The road to, and from, Kirkcaldy was busy;   and it’s not yet the summer holiday season.   I shudder to think of how busy the Fife roads will be when the holiday season gets into gear in July..... parking is going to be a major problem;  especially around the East Neuk.   

Tomorrow should be another nice day, though it will be cooler as the wind is veering to


the East during the day.   I ‘plan’ to go to Balcarres for a wee explore, if the weather is amenable.... i.e. not too cold or windy.    Today’s weather was lovely.... very summerlike: hopefully we will have a decent summer this year.   The shadow cast by COVID-19 is less harsh than it was:  Unfortunately, variants continue to be a threat.    I think I need my bedtime chocolate.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....