Glorious morrrrrrrrrrning ....

22nd June 2021 (Tuesday)     09.30 .... My word;  it’s a cracker o’ a  mornin’. 


 I went just after 06.00; I took my first photograph at 06.15 and the last one at 08.11 with a few in between.    I did the full circuit this morning, Chapel Green, Elie Estate, the harbour then home by way of The Terrace, South Street and the Breakwater.   Yes .... I enjoyed myself... and I was hungry by the time I was back at Ivy.   It’s a glorious morning for going out;  I imagine the Coastal Path and beach will be busy today.   I have still to get a paper, so I might venture out about lunch time.





19.30    Well.... as was forecast, it has been a gorgeous day, though the cool onshore breeze took the edge of the temperature in the afternoon.   Actually it was warmer, when I was out at 06.30.   I met a few joggers out at that time, enjoying a balmy mornin;  the best time of the day.

Scotland are playing Croatia this evening, kickoff is at 20.00:  though there is pre-match discussion on an hour before that.... in fact the Scotland v Croatia game is on (the TV) from 19.00 to 22.35.   Once you see one pre-match discussion you’ve seen them all.... only the names are different.    It’s all to do creating the ‘at the match’ atmosphere, in ‘hospitality’ venues, with hopeful punters and a big TV screen.    Not a bad idea, with the restrictions we have at present.

Quiet corner o' Kinneuchar loch.

I have eventually managed to sort out the photographs I took this morning;  in between doing other things.   My ‘work’ efforts today have been, quite frankly,... minimal.   The weeds are fighting back;  I damaged a muscle pulling a weed (big one) yesterday and this has restricted my efforts today:  today I only pulled wee weeds, and did a couple of Soduko’s.

22.30    We (Scotland) were beaten 3 – 1 by Croatia.... so that’s us out of the ‘Euro’s’;  but.... it was exciting having ‘hope’ again.   We tried hard, but the Croats buzzed around the pitch like a swarm o’ wasps on a mission, and they had Modric (a thinking player).   Scotland has potential though;   this is definitely the best Scottish Team we’ve had for years..... bring on the next ‘biggie’.... whenever that is.   England are in the last 16 (of the Euros).... and I think Wales could still qualify.    ‘Le Tour’ starts on Saturday so that will be my sport for the next three weeks, with an occasional look at the football.

It’s going to be cloudy with the chance of precipitation tomorrow;   i.e. light showers.


The weeds will love that.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....