Lovely morning ....

13th June 2021 (Sunday)    08.30 .... at the moment we have sunny intervals,


with a brisk wind
bringing clouds over from the WNW.... and the temperature is 17C.   The forecast is for it to be hot by midday (22C) so the beach will be busy... and the tide is going out so we will have a big beach!    There will be room for everybody on the beach.... but parking will be a problem.    Low tide is at 11.00 and high at 17.30. 

10.30    The sky has cleared since I went for the papers and the air is beginning to warm up;  we have a brisk breeze but that won’t spoil our day.    I have the bike battery on charge;  the ‘plan’ being to go out in the afternoon.... if the roads aren’t too busy I’d like to go up to Balcarres.

13.00    My word it is cosy (24C) so I’m biking as far as Myra’s this .... to have afternoon coffee:  it’s too hot for me to be out on the bike, there’s a touch of ‘mauchless’ in the air;  too much pollen and not enough oxygen.   We used to have spells of ‘the mauchless’ in New Zealand;  only rarely do I experience it in Bonnie Scotland.   I will go out on the bike once the heat of the day is past.... probably evening time. 


I met Alan at the harbour and we ended up discussing the young folks jumping off the pier.  This was rarely done in the 1950’s;  actually young folk fished off the end of Elie pier in those days.  We Colinsburgh boys (I lived on Balcarres Estate then) did most of our swimming at Shell Bay, and Kincraig Point.... diving off the rocks.   I did dive (didn’t jump) off Elie pier a few times, but it was only rarely that the Colinsburgh boys visited Elie to swim.






20.30    We had an enjoyable afternoon chat at Myra’s, accompanied by tea/ coffee and biccies.   It was braw sitting in the front garden with a warm breeze keeping ‘the mauchless’ at bay.    I must make an effort to sort out my outside seating area.    

I had a turn out on the bike in the evening;  by that time the sky was clouding over and I even thought I felt a few spits and spots of rain..... and there was a noticeable drop in the temperature    We are forecast to have some light rain overnight but it should clear away by mid morrrrrrrning.   ‘Pioneering Spirit’, the world’s biggest construction vessel is in the Firth delivering a redundant piece of oil rig, first to Rosyth then eventually to Methil for decommissioning.  

I think I will make the chocolate now... and find something to watch on the tele.   We


could have light rain first thing tomorrow;  if that’s the case I’ll be going for the paper later in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....