Grey and damp ....

26th June 2021 (Saturday)   06.30 ....The sky is heavily overcast and, though

Pettycur harbour.

not raining now, it has been overnight and everything is wet.    It looks like we could have some more light rain before the cloud starts to break up;   sunny spells aren't mentioned in our weather forecast, but .... this is the 'COTU' so we might get lucky.

08.30    Jings.... even the quiet time at ‘The Store’ (Anstruther) is busy now.   When the restriction first came out I did my shopping at 08.00, then it began to get busier, so I made 07.30 ‘my’ time.     This morning I was there at 07.10 and it much busier so it will be 07.00 (or earlier) for me next week.   I dread to think what the East Neuk is going to be like when the holiday season begins in July.   Its good having visitors, and seeing folk enjoying themselves, but my word, it’s going to be chaotic on the roads....  and in the shops.   Anyway, with Iain coming down, I thought I’d better get some ‘emergency rations’..... mission accomplished.

20.30   We’ve had a busy day.... at least Iain had a busy day;   I acted in an advisory capacity.   Iain had a good rummage around the attics searching for train ‘stuff’... and found some, but not the box with the points etc. so I will have a rummage in the wee attic on the first rainy day.  

Iain brought down the airbrush equipment he bought and set that up, with a view to air brushing ‘age’ onto some wagons tomorrow.   I wanted to have go at the air brushing but my hand (arthritis) couldn’t manipulate the buttons etc.    I will act in an advisory capacity.

'Peterel' -  tug.

My ‘job’ today has mostly been organising the food and tea breaks;   I am reasonably good at that.    With pottering around the attics and playing with the airbrush we haven’t been anywhere;  this is a working weekend.    I am looking forward to seeing the airbrush in action with actual paint (acrylic).... and to seeing how effective it is.   We’re practicing on OO gauge wagons.

I am orf to make another cuppa .... and I’ll browse the goodies I bought this morrrrrning;  there’s bound to be something interesting there.

‘Light cloud and a gentle breeze’ is forecast for us tomorrow..... and it should feel slightly warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....