Overcast and cooler .....

2nd June 2021 (Wednesday)     07.30 .... At the moment we have a layer of cloud coming in from the North Sea on a brisk Easterly breeze;  however the sun will burn back the cloud to give us some decent sunny intervals, but it won’t be as warm it was yesterday.

I had a look out at the weather (at 04.30) and cancelled the plan to bike to St Monans;  there will be better mornings for doing that.   Once the sky breaks up I’ll go somewhere with the camera.

09.30   The sun is rapidly burning off the mist and we have a ‘bright and sunny’ day ahead:    I’m going to put fuel in the car after morrrrning coffee.... the ‘plan’ being to go out on the bike (exercise) after lunch.   The wind appears to be moderating slightly so the air isn’t as cold as it was yesterday.... not just now anyway.


21.30    I went for a run on the bike after ‘morning coffee’;  the wind had moderated and


it was warm, and I felt the need to go to Balcarres Estate.   The countryside is looking at its best just now, so I photographed my way up to Colinsburgh, by which time I didn’t think I had enough battery left to do what I wanted to do on the estate, so I photographed my way back home.   

The Surveyors had just about finished when I got back, but they had time for a chat;  why does everybody look so young nowadays?....  it’s not as if I am auld?   Anyway they (the surveyors) managed to cope with the garden.   I was going to offer them a cuppa but they were finished before I even had the kettle ‘on’.


The refuelling of the car was eventually done in the evening time and I went up to the Balcarres Woodland walk for a short walk round when as far as Colinsburgh (Garage) anyway.   My word the Woodland Walk is looking bonnie;  in fact I will go up there tomorrow afternoon, on the bike, if the weather is amenable.   The bike gives me more freedom to roam.

When I went up to put the bike away tonight I found a brown paper bag containing two scones:  My first thought was .... “I don’t remember buying scones.... in fact I don’t even going to the shops this morning”.    I then realised that Alan, ‘arbour ‘ouse, had been baking and must have brought the scones round.    Then I thought... “Alber my boy.... you need an ‘arbour ‘ouse morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee” ;  hopefully tomorrow morning if

Balcarres Estate.

the haar clears away!   The weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow is much the same as today’s, but slightly cloudier and cooler.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....