Wet .... oops dry = showery


24th September 2019 (Tuesday)      07.30 ..... oh dear;   we have a wet
Interesting sky over Chapel Green - Earlsferry.
start to the morning, in fact it looks like it’s been raining all night .... not a bonnie morning at all.... and not one for going to the beach.   There is a few breaks appearing in the general greyness, but the sky does not look bonnie.... the ‘KY9’ area forecast is for ‘light showers and a gentle breeze’ so it should improve.    In fact it has improved as I type... I can see a ‘bloo’ bit!   Bring on the sunny spells!   I might go to the beach after this update.... the rain has stopped!    Must ‘go’ slight flap on.... going to try and find a sunny spot.



09.30    I have to say that I enjoyed my short walk on the beach... in fact I got fairly excited because we have an interesting sky in all directions;  (but I didn’t  a sunny spell)..... that means it isn’t plain ‘bloo’.... and there’s loads of stuff happening in the sky.   A few dogs were out walking their owners... taking advantage of this dry spell,
....  in the other direction.   Hmmmm.
because we could get some showers. 

 

I am ready for my morning coffee, and the trip to St Andrews in the afternoon.




13.30    Harbour House was ‘Closed’ today....we are on autumn opening/closing times.   I had to make do with one of ‘Alberto’s Finest’;  it was not bad this morning.    I think I allowed the water to cool a wee bit longer after boiling.
The weather has settled down to ‘sunny spells’ .... and they are warm ones.    The sunny spells i.e.   I haven’t been out on the bike in case;   I forget about my St Andrews appointment when I am out.   That reminds me I’d better get ready to go;  even though the appointments are usually running late I want to be there on time in case they aren’t.   Running late i.e.

16.00     The thing nowadays, for us older ‘girls and boys’, is to keep having as much exercise as we can:   so said Miss Webber and is happy with me having an ‘electric bike’;  it means I am getting both, and the exercise is not straining my knee joints.   I am a happy ‘boy’.
The weather was too dull and damp to bother going to St Andrews harbour, so I just
.... and South.
came home.    The thought occurred to me to do a ‘shopping’ in Morrison’s but I’ll be in Leven tomorrow so I’ll do any shopping I might need in Sainsbury’s.
It looks like being an evening for the computer.  Overcast with some ‘Scotch mist’;  the bike stays where it is.

20.30    Ye Gods it has been a dreich evening, but the wet weather is supposed to clear away overnight.   Not that I’m doing much tomorrow.... other than take the car to the garage for them to have a look at.    Since they fixed the exhaust I can hear new noises that I didn’t hear before.   It could probably be fixed by turning by up the volume on the radio.

It’s been a funny old day but I’m happy enough at the end of it.   I’ll make a cuppa then do some stuff on the computer before having an early night in bed with my book.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....