Bonnie sunrise ....


27th September 2019 (Friday)      08.00 .... We have a cracker of a
Linda at sunrise - the Ferry beach.
morning , and we had a bonnie sunrise, made bonnier by a surprise visit to the beach by Linda;  she and her husband John have a second home at  Shell Bay.   They are a lovely couple;  John was still in bed .... oops...  would be sorting out the bacon and eggs for Linda’s breakfast.   You can see from the photo that this morning’s sunrise was of the especial kind.
This is the Glasgow September weekend .... always a busy and cheerful weekend.    There’s afternoon tea in Kinneuchar Kirk so I’ll get the bike out for that... unless it’s raining (light showers are mentioned in the weather forecast for 'KY9';    in which case I’ll take the car.   It looks like being a day to be ‘out and about’.   I’ve got a washing going through but whether I dangle it out on the line remains to be seen;  the sky is beginning to look showery.   Tomorrow’s weather forecast is better than today’s.....so the hanging out might be left until then.

15 minutes before sunrise.
13.30    Hmmmm .... I wouldn’t call the wetness we have just now a shower.... it’s a spell of light rain that has been with us for an hour at least, and doesn’t look like bumbling away anywhere yet.   The washing was out, and .... in:  luckily I was in the Hutte at the time the rain started.   The ‘boy’ won’t be going anywhere on the bike today.

I went up to Harbour House but I was the only member of ‘The Team’ there this morning.    Geoff has visitors and Myra is still on holiday.   Since then I have done a wee bit ‘ousework and a couple of Soduko’s.    Oh... and I read Boris Johnston’s life history (so far) on Wikipedia... it's up to date and there's a lot to read.   It makes interesting reading:  I was left with the impression that he is nothing but a “rich chancer with connections”.   Not a nice person.


15.30    Well we have had a wet afternoon.... one long spell of heavy rain;  but .... the sky is beginning to lighten... briefly.   We might end up with a brighter evening;  then again maybe not!   It's called wishful thinking.  

19.30    Well it has been a wet afternoon but at least the day ended with the sky
The Ferry High Street at sunset time.
clearing from the West;  we should have an better day tomorrow.   I might even hang out the washing again;  and get out on the bike.   I think I’ll have a rest day tomorrow;  you know, get up early go out on the bike then hang around Ivy doing things.  Doing things? ...... perhaps not really ‘doing things’... more thinking about doing things.   Tomorrow is going to be a ‘thinking day’. 
I went up to Kinneuchar to ‘Ken and Olive’s’ Afternoon Tea in aid of ‘Bobath’.  As I was leaving Dave and Joyce were coming in:  I didn’t actually know it was Dave and Joyce ‘cos I didn’t recognise the car.   I thought it was the Minister!   Then I remembered we don’t have a Minister!    If Joyce hadn’t whispered “Hello Dwalling” I’d never have known who it was.    That might be is ‘fake news’.... the “Hello Dwalling” bit.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....