Frisky wind ....


4th September 2019 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... There’s  a feel of autumn in
The Ferry High Street.
the air this morning.... the weather being bright, breezy and cool.      ‘Bright and breezy’ is going to be to be replaced by ‘wet windy and cold’ later,  .... a good afternoon for me to sort out stained glass photographs.   I see clouds rolling in from the West already.  Having ‘slept in’ this morning I haven’t been further than Ferry Corner;  any travelling I do today will be in the car.


12.00    The weather has deteriorated and we now have ‘windy and wet’ as per forecast.    The first spots of rain hit the car windscreen at 11.07..... assuming the clock in the car is accurate.    I have been for the paper, had morning coffee with the ‘troops’.... including Dod (George) who has been under the weather.... we thought he’d fallen in love.   He updated us with his ‘news’.... and all other things happening in the villages.  I remembered to make an appointment for a blood test;  but forgot to take my prescription with me so that will have to be handed in tomorrow.  It’s a work on the ‘stained glass’ photos afternoon.

Kinneuchar Kirk - from the top of Balcarres Estate.

21.00    The prescription has been handed in;  so vital supplies are in the pipeline.   I fancied a run in the car after that wee mission  and went up to the top of Balcarres Estate then home via Kinneuchar.    I see much less work activity around the ‘Kinneuchar Inn’ area, and it looks finished.   I don’t know if it is ‘Open’, yet after the time consuming extensive alterations.... but it did look ‘open’ when I passed.    The building still looks much the same on the outside, but I imagine the inside will have been changed considerably.

Most of the afternoon I spent sorting out stained glass photos;  but I took time out to
The High Street at sunset time.
varnish the wee sign.   In fact I managed to get two coats of varnish on it today so that wee job is finished.

Tomorrow looks like being a ‘breezy with sunny spells’ kind of day;  there may be the chance of alight shower in the afternoon.   It’s Jim and Myra’s Diamond Wedding Party at the Care Home tomorrow afternoon;  I am looking forward to that.   Jim really enjoyed his birthday party there a few months ago, and I imagine he’ll enjoy this one too. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....