Autumn is in the air ....


7th September 2019 (Saturday)     07.00 .....  There’s an almost cloudless sky with only a breath of a breeze.... it’s not frosty, but there’s a feel of frost in the air.... a beautiful autumn morning, and a perfect one for going ‘out to play’.   Not that I would do that.... not when there’s ‘work’ things to be done;  but? ... I could have a walk to the beach!
It''s a nice morning for a walk.

08.00    I’ve been to the beach and it is definitely not a ‘work’ day;  it’s a day for outdoor play activities.   For ‘you’ not me .... I have ‘ousework to do.   Having said that .... it would be silly to ‘work’ on a day like this.   Play it is;  with (perhaps) a small amount of work to keep my conscience clear.




14.00     It is a lovely warm day.... sort of Indian summer-ish feel to it.    I’ve been for the paper and had morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse.    One of the subjects we covered was the Loch Ness monster which it turns out is an eel.   Someone managed to get a photograph of 'him'T... actually here might be more than one... one eel looks much like another eel.   Eel numbers have been in decline recently:   so ... we might not have many eels in  Scotland now, but the good news is;  the one we do have in Loch Ness is a big b...lighter, he is huge!   If he has a girl friend eel he will be a happy eel, and Loch Ness will soon be full of happy, albeit inbred, eels.   I shall now go and have ‘50’;  and probably dream of eels. 

 
Idyllic.
20.00   With it being such a gorgeous evening I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green and had a quiet half hour with ‘The Boss'.    It was a good end to   a bonnie day.   The beach was busy with folk out for a quiet walk... as was Chapel Green.   Chapel Green wasn’t as quiet;   I was there.   I decided to go from Chapel Green up to the Pony Field to get a few photos of the ‘Royal Burgh’ in the evening sunshine.   It was well worth the effort.  There wisnae much effort involved;  I just set the assist to ‘4’ and scuttled up to the ROC.

I have just watched a ‘Daily Telegraph video, on YouTube, taken on the RFA (Royal
Earlsferry - bonnie end to a bonnie day.
Fleet Auxiliary) ‘Mounts Bay’, of naval personnel loading a cargo net with relief supplies for one of the islands devastated by Hurricane Dorian;  John, my granddaughter’s husband, is one of the men on the film.  This makes the horrors caused by ‘Dorian’ closer somehow.  
Tomorrow is forecast to be another bonnie day;  it could be cool first thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....