Wet ....


26th September 2019 (Thursday)     06.30 ....  Everything in
HMS Prince of Wales on sea trials.
the garden is dripping wet and there’s rain water running down Ferry Road, but it isn’t raining just now;   but has been most of the night.    I might go down to the beach because, part from everything being wet, it is a nice enough morning.    We are forecast to have ‘light rain showers with a moderate breeze’.... and sunny spells!



08.30    The sun is breaking through and it looks like we are in for a decent day;  we could get a few showers but that won’t stop us enjoying ourselves.    I took the car down to the harbour and got a few pictures of Elie waking up.... and a couple of HMS Prince of Wales bumbling up towards Rosyth.  I have thought of going up to Pettycur this afternoon but the showers seems to be fairly frequent up that way so that idea was pigeon holed.   Must ‘go’.... feeling hungry.


HMS Prince of Wales.
18.00    When I got back from ‘arbour ’ouse I found an e-mail in my Inbox from ‘M’ inviting me for coffee at Colin and Sue’s camper van at St Monans.   I promptly ‘jamp’ in the car and rocketed along to St Minnins.  My word it is a beauty:  a Classic Mercedes ‘Hymer’ campervan in beautiful condition.    They have ‘toured’ their way up from the south of England, and will tour their way back down again  before going back home to New Zealand.   They have done a lot of travelling in their lives, and could write a book about their adventures.   Perhaps they will.    It was good seeing them again;  the last time I saw them was at their home in New Zealand.... and that is a place to dream about, in the middle of native forest/bush.... with native birds all around.  ‘M’ is looking lovely as ever;  she is travelling home next week, and I will miss her.   We said “au revoir” though we will probably only see each other on Skype now;  New Zealand is so far away and I am too old to do that journey again.... even with ‘M’ at the end of it. xx

After a ‘lite bite’ lunch the weather was bright and sunny, so I ‘jamp’ in the car for the
Kinghorn Harbour area.
second time today (I’m in love with it again) and set off for Pettycur to get some photos of HMS Prince of Wales, that has moored off Kirkcaldy/Kinghorn, after poodling back into the Firth this morning.   I didn’t go as far as Pettycur choosing to stop at the car park  that overlooks Kinghorn harbour.   It was a popular viewpoint when I was there, and will be busy if the aircraft carrier (minus aircraft) is there over the weekend.

On the way home I bought a couple of goodies visited Jim.   Jim was sitting beside a lady with nae teeth but she fancied the goodie so I gave her the one I’d intended for myself.    I didn’t really need it;  the Ivy Cottage ‘Emergency Rations’ tin is full.... and there’s back up stock in the cupboard.   And I’m wearing a load of ‘emergency rations’ as it is.   Jim was in good form again and asked if ‘M’ is away back to New Zealand yet.   I didn’t stay long as once again I’d bought frozen stuff in Sainsbury’s.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....