Bonnie sunrise ....


28th September 2019 (Saturday)     08.00.... We had a bonnie sunrise: 
Elie Bay at sunrise.
and the beach was busy with dog walkers, joggers... and Alison (or was it Lorna... I’m never sure) and me.    It’s ‘bright and sunny’ with a light Northwest breeze .... a bonnie day for getting out and about.   I might get the bike out after breakfast;  it depends on how busy the roads are.





14.30   It is a beautiful afternoon and the villages are busy with visitors and day trippers.   I went out on the bike and did ‘The Grand Tour’.... missing out the harbour:  even on the bike going to the harbour at this time of day can be tricky.   There is a brisk breeze from the west but it’s not cold;  it was enjoyable scampering through the estate.   I think the bike goes faster than the car!   Orf to have a cuppa.

'Artemis' (Elie) off the Beacon. 

18.30    Well I did plan to have a ‘rest day’ and that is ‘iggzactly’ what I have had:  a lazy day.   I did a wee bit of ‘ousework and made a lamb casserole for dinner.   I enjoyed talking to a few visitors at Chapel Green, and at my usual spot on the Terrace;  but I didn’t go for morning coffee today....  I didn’t go up to Elie in the morning.

 The weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow is not very exciting;  “light rain with a moderate breeze from the Northeast”.   We might get a few sunny spells, but it looks like I’ll be doing stuff on the computer.   There’s an ironing that needs to be done;  tomorrow may be the day to do that.


21.00    My word ... I am tired tonight:  it’s watching the World Championship Athletics
Elie Bay this afternoon.
that has me in this state.   Imagine running the marathon in that heat and humidity;  Chepngetich of Kenya won Gold, with Chelimo of Bahrain taking Silver and Johannes of Namibia winning the Bronze.   Nearly a third of the competitors stopped because of the hot conditions... and the race was run at night.   No wonder I’m tired.   I watched the 100 metres a few minutes ago;  jings the competitors in that race move faster than ‘Sooper Buggy’!

I’ve had my Horlicks so I’ll watch a bit more athletics then have an early night.   No ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  I guess it depends on what the weather is like.   The athletics will be 'on'.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....