Lovely day ....


21st September 2019 (Saturday)     08.30 ....we have a bonnie morning
Cosy glow Ferry beach.
... and the forecast is for it to be sunny the whole day.   The only fly in the ointment is the wind which is from the East and cool.   The beach was very quiet this morning; as far as I could see I had it all to myself... which is more than can be said of the Ferry High street.... it’s full of cars.   It is the weekend right enough .... makes me think something could be happening;  I don’t know what....?



09.30   I have been a busy boy;   one of the sheets has been hung out on the line to complete the drying process, the other folded and hung in front of the radiator.   There’s a cool northeast wind that will dry the sheet, unfortunatly also means that I’ll leave any biking until later when the sun is scorching hot!   I’ve also made the bed;   I  think I deserve a cuppa.

Ferry High Street 10 minutes after sunrise.

11.30.    Jings.... everywhere is busy this morning.     The Ferry High Street full of cars, the ‘paper shop’ full of customers;  whatever’s happening the weather is good for it.   There was only Geoff and me for coffee in Harbour House this morning;   well that’s not quite true as there was other customers, but Geoff and I were the only members of the team.... Myra and George being absent;   Myra in Tuscany, George in the Beild Housing complex.    I think I’ll get the bike out later in the afternoon;  the wind has freshened over the morning.   I’m hoping it will moderate by evening time.


14.30     My word .... it is cosy.    I’ve been to Leven and managed to do a small shopping in Sainsbury’s that included frozen stuff, so missed visiting ‘Jimbo’.   I arrived in Leven at 12.50 which would have been Jim’s lunch time, so I did the shopping first, the intention being to not buy frozen stuff.   I’m a silly boy.    I also missed the Mwandi coffee morning/talk in the Kirk hall.    My problem is that I never really think about what day it is, only if it’s daylight or dark.   Oh well I’ll have a cuppa.


18.00    It has been a bonnie day... but cool in the northeast wind.    I didn’t go out on the bike because the wind never moderated;  hopefully I’ll get out tomorrow morning.   I have done a wee bit of work this afternoon;  sorted out the living room and flattened a wasp (they’re in a bad mood at this time of year) that was in the Hutte.   I’m not
The first photo of the morning.
overly tired this evening. 


  20.30   It was good having ‘M’ living in Ivy;  now I feel very much ‘on my own’ again, even if the village is full of people.    Oh well work on the computer it is.   I’ve been doing interesting research for the Hutte pages, and I am now ready to knit it all together and write it all up.... so that will stop me feeling lonesome.   I’ve had a good day today, though I have booked the car into the garage on Wednesday as I can hear another noise now that the exhaust has stopped rattling.   It’s safe enough to drive.... only the noise is irritating.   I have thought of getting a ‘new’ car but the VW has only done 60,000 miles so I guess I’ll just have it sorted.    I’m feeling quite excitable now.

The weather forecast for tomorrow isnae bad... ‘sunny intervals with a moderate easterly breeze and an chance of thundery showers later in the afternoon/evening’.    I must get out on the bike early;  if it isn’t too cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....