Bonnie morning....


30th September 2019 (Monday)    08.30 ....it was quiet on the beach
Peaceful Elie Bay.... 5 minutes after sunrise.
this morning;  the sky was bonnie and everywhere looked really peaceful;  even the local Heron couldn’t be bothered flying off when I got close to him/her.    That said it is a fairly tame Heron and I can get fairly close to it;  and, we usually have the early morning beach to ourselves.   It probably regards me as some kind of seal;  er ... a skinny seal.  I wish!
There’s a fair amount of cloud about, but there’s very little wind so it’s a bonnie morning.   I’ll get the bike out after breakfast and do ‘The Grand Tour’... if I do it clockwise I’ll have morning coffee on the way home.


Elie 'arbour.
15.30    ‘The Boy’ has had an enjoyable morning on the bike.... and I had morrrrrrning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse.   It is a big tide just now and there was a few low tide beaches exposed.    A few years ago there would have been folks down among the rocks looking for lobsters in the ‘top secret’ lobster holes, but no sign of that this morning.   Harvesters from ‘Mara Seaweed’ (Edinburgh) were busy near the Beacon, but they were looking for seaweed not lobsters.    That said they could have poked in a few holes where they were and might have got lucky!   I had the urge to go but was ‘stood staunin’ on the end of the pier at the time dreamin’ about plowterin’ aboot among the rocks.   I wouldn't attempt to go there now.

The loch was under a heavy cloud when I was there and everything was dark;  Stewart is beginning to uncover new views of the kirk as he (and his apprentice) cut their way through the rhododendrons that are too close to the lochside for ‘Brontosaurus (hereafter ‘Bronto’) the rhododendron eating machine to devour.   Well ... it could have devoured them but would have got stuck in the edge of the loch at the doing of it.    Stewart (and his apprentice) are making big inroads;  I know this by the load of rhododendrons lying at the side of the road; presumably to be used as snacks for ‘Bronto’ over the winter period.

The ‘girls’, Alison and Lorna were down at the harbour on their bikes.... and at
Two young models who just happened to be passing!
‘arbour ‘ouse for ‘MC’.    There was nae Kirstie, Myra, or Geoff for coffee this morning... only Jackie and myself.   Kirstie missed her pilates class .... naughty girl.

I see that the sun is making a breakthrough so I am now thinking of getting the bike out again.   “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”;  “we” (the Royal ‘we’) are taking precautions.


18.00    I’m considering going to Leven tomorrow for a haircut and to visit ‘Jimbo’.   That is the ‘plan’ for tomorrow.   I might as well do a ‘shopping’ when I’m there.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....