Myra and Jim Diamond Wedding Anniversary .... ...


5th September 2019 (Thursday)    08.00 ....  we have ‘sunny spells’ and
Jim and Myra - 60 years wed.
a brisk wind’;    with a chilly air from the Northwest.    An excellent drying day:   which is handy, I have a washing going through the machine.

My bedtime reading just now is a book called ‘No Time for Goodbye’, (Linwood Barclay), and it’s one of the most intriguing mysteries I’ve ever read.   I woke up at 02.00 and started thing about where the story was;  and had to pick up the book and read for about an hour.   And it has been like that all the way through.

Hey the clouds coming in from the northwest are heavier looking than I thought they’d be;  this is not good!

Jim and Geoff sorting out the cards.
20.00    Myra and Jim’s Diamond Wedding Celebration Party was spectacular.  Leven Beach Care Home pulls out all the stops when it comes to family celebrations.... but today’s was exceptional.   The ‘Quiet Lounge’ was decorated, tables set beautifully;  everything ‘just so’:  and there was a wide choice of food, and loads of it.    Everyone enjoyed the occasion... especially Jim and Myra:  it was good to see them enjoying their Especial Day together.   I must mention the fact that Myra had to sign for one of the cards that the ‘postie’ delivered today;   it was from HM The Queen.    We are all looking forward to Jim and Myra’s Platinum Anniversary!    I managed to take a few photographs of the ‘Day’... some of which look the way I hoped they’d look..... ‘romantic’.   I’ll sort some out and print them off, and give the whole bunch to Myra on a ‘stick’.

Now we return to the mundane stuff.    The weather was excellent in the afternoon, and
Jim and Myra with their sons Sandy and David.


my washing was well dry when I got back to Ivy.   I’m beginning to feel tired now, but then I haven’t had ‘50’ today at all.   Anyway I’m coming to the crunch part of the ‘bedtime book’  so it will be a very early night in bed tonight.    I doubt if I’ll finish it before I fall asleep, but I will try.

Tomorrow?    Hmmmm ... anything I do tomorrow will be ‘dull’ after the excitement and pleasures of today, but I’ll make the best of it.   I can look forward to picking up a paper, and having morning coffee in Harbour House.   That’s always good.   The weather is forecast to be slightly sunnier tomorrow.... after a short spell of light, overnight/early morning rain.   That won’t bother us.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....