Pittenweem Memorial .... ..,..


29th September 2019 (Sunday)     07.00 .... the sky is overcast and
Fisher-folk Memorial at Pittenweem.
there’s a frisky breeze from the East, so I haven’t been to the beach yet;  I’m enjoying a nice cuppa at the moment..... "sunny spells and light rain showers" are forecast ... once the sun gets going.   Just now it’s still below the horizon behind the bank of cloud.



17.30     I have had another ‘rest day’, though I did go to Pittenweem in the morning, on a scouting mission, to see the Memorial to Fishermen lost at sea.   It is an absolutely beautiful tribute to the brave men, and now women, of the fishing industry;  and brings home the real price of the fish on your plate.   

I met Robert Melville and his wife out walking with their dogs:  Robert got photos on the day of the unveiling from a fantastic viewpoint;  to see his photographs visit the ‘East Neuks Beauty in Photos’ page on Facebook.

Pittenweem Memorial.
20.00    Hey it’s cauld tonight;  I mean outside, not in Ivy where I’ve had to turn the heating up to 20!   I’ve just seen the forecast on the tele and it’s going to be caulder this week;  not really surprising because it is autumn after all.   It’s the heavy duty warm jacket and scarf wearing time of year.    ‘M’ is going back to Otaki (NZ) just in time;  I am already missing her and she is still in St Monans.

I have done a wheen o’ work on the computer today, most of updating the Hutte pages.   Then I was planning my next visit to the Pittenweem Fishing Memorial;  I need everything to be just right.   Luckily Pittenweem is not far from the ‘Royal Burgh’ .... 4 miles or so ... so you will probably get a few more photos of the Memorial.

What’s my plan for tomorrow.   Well I don’t have one.  The weather is forecast to be cold and cloudy with the chance of light showers later.   That means I won’t need to get out of bed early.... but I will.   I can’t help myself, it’s just when I get ‘up’.   If it is dull and damp I’ll make a cuppa and go back to bed for an hour.... and ‘plan’ things.  
Pittenweem.
‘Planning things’ is dreaming with your eyes open and wide awake.    Whether I go out on the bike depends on the weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....