Lovely sunrise ....


13th September 2019 (Friday)      08.00 .... We had a beautiful sunrise
10 minutes before sunrise this morrrrrrrrning.
sky this morning.... yes...  there   was with a touch of red around  .... but it looks like we’re going to have a lovely day and the forecast is good.    There’s a cool breeze but the air will warm up once the sun gets higher in the sky.   It’s going to be a good drying day and there’s a washing in the machine .... which I’ll switch on after I get the shower towels.    Must ‘go’ ... slight flap ‘on’.... my stomach is ready for food.



22.00    My word ... I’m a tired ‘boy’ tonight having been bumbling around most of the day.    Over breakfast ‘M’ and I decided it was a good day to go to Pettycur Harbour (Kinghorn).   There has been a harbour on this site since the 14th century though the original one was nigh on totally destroyed in the great storm of 1625.   The present pier dates from 1760 and was the northern terminal of the Newhaven ferry until 1842 when the new harbour at Burntisland offered better docking facilities.   The fishermen’s huts on the pier have an olde world look to them:  the lobster creels on the pier suggest that this area has an active lobster fishery, and the huts are not just for ‘show’.

'M' by the 1813 capstan used to haul the ferries onto the pier.
It was windy at Pettycur so I never used the telephoto lens;   I’ll go back there on ales windy day, and take the tripod as well as a monopod.   I managed to get a few photos at the old harbour, then we moved to the Kinghorn harbour viewpoint and get a few more pictures.   Pettycur and Kinghorn harbours are less than a mile apart, Pettycur on the West side of a promontory (Pettycur) and the Kinghorn on the East side.   Pettycur appears to be the older of the two.    Kinghorn Church stand next to Kinghorn Harbour;  and is one that Jim and I recorded  a few years ago.    ‘M’ and I ended our day out with a ‘lite lunch’ at the Harbour Master’s House at Dysart Harbour.... another of my favourite places.    Actually we made one more stop

Kinghorn Kirk.
on the way home ....at Sainsbury’s in Leven so that ‘M’ could get money out of the machine... and I could buy some fruit and an few other bits and bobs.

Tomorrow is going to be windy .... ‘strong winds with low chance of precipitation’ being the words used to describe the forecast for that afternoon.
I’m tired after today’s bumbling around.... tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’ I’m thinkin’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....