Chilly air but lovely morning .....


16th September 2019 (Monday)   06.00 ....  The Eastern sky is
This is what greets me I arrive on the beach.

beginning to lighten and it’s a lovely still morning, albeit still too dark to see much;  in fact I’ve only been as far as the front gate.     We have an autumnal air .... cool with a hint of frost behind it, but there is only a light breeze just now so hardly any wind chill;  nevertheless it’s a wrap up well kind of start to the morning.     In the meantime I am enjoying a cuppa before going to the beach.


08.00     It was nice on the beach but not ‘iggzactly’ warm:  however the pre sunrise sky made it well worth putting up with the cool breeze.     The actual sunrise was bonnie but not spectacular.   ‘M’ has appeared with a very welcome cuppa.

20 minutes before sunrise.


12.00    Well .... ‘M’ and I have been to Leven and the car is booked in to get a new exhaust tomorrow morning.   I’ll be ‘in love’ with my car again;  at the moment I am not.
The weather has been ... mostly overcast I suppose, but at least it’s dry with a nice breeze to dry the washing.     We don’t have a ‘plan’ for the afternoon;  the car is drivable.... but the noise of the exhaust hitting the heat shield is irritating.

21.00    ‘M’ and I have had a quiet/lazy day... mostly sitting in the Hutte, me doing Soduko’s and ‘M’ reading her book.    It has been a nice day, with a grand ‘drying’ wind so the washing dried to ‘no need to iron that’ level;  provided that you fold it up
10 minutes before sunrise.
straight off the line.   I’m learning all the tricks of ‘ousework .... this will release more time for play ... oops working in the garden.

Davie Budd (Painter and Decorator - Anstruther) dropped in today and brought me up to date with all the painting news.   Davie is working on a job in the Royal Burgh.

Tomorrow morning I take the car to the garage to get the exhaust done;  ‘M’ is staying i/c at Ivy.    The weather forecast is good for tomorrow so I’ll take ‘M’ along to visit friends in Pittenweem:   I’ll take the camera and take a few photographs.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....