Early showers ....


17th December 2018 (Monday) .... 08.00    Hmmm ... we had an
Sunrise time.
unexpected shower of rain just as I was going to go to the beach .... so that has been put on hold.    The weather forecast has us down for ‘light winds and sunny spells’ later.... neither of the forecasts that I use mention rain.  





20.00   The early morning shower was the only shower we had;  in fact it has been  bonnie, and warm, most of the day.   It began to cloud over late in the afternoon.
Jim and I went to Leven as planned;  we both had business with the bank.   I managed to get more done than I’d expected, and I have only one transaction to do which I’ll do next month.   This is one happy bunny.    On the way home we went to Harbour House for morning coffee: the ‘troops’ had been, and nearly all gone,.... we arrived there just
'Cosy glow' beach.
as Geoff was leaving.    Jim and I had coffee, and a blether with Alan and Laura. 

  
 I was back home in Ivy by midday;  plenty of time to have a light lunch before going to May’s Thanksgiving service, in Kinneuchar kirk.  May was the wife of Robert, the organist at Kinneuchar, and she had been ill for a few years.    It was a beautiful service, with a poem read out by Morag a friend of the family... and the eulogy, written by Robert, and read out by the Minister, Reverend Jim Campbell, Interim Moderator of East Neuk Trinity Church), was full of ‘love’, and humour.   The hymns were of the ‘laldie’ kind;  even I was singing... sort of.    After the service we had sausage rolls, sandwiches, and goodies, served up by our lovely ‘kirk ladies’.   It was a perfect end to a beautiful thanksgiving service for a lovely lady.

After the service I went up to the garage at Colinsburgh to buy screen wash.    I’m
Late afternoon.
driving up to Ellon on Sunday and I need a full ‘squirter’ bottle for that journey, at this time of year;  and a bottle of emergency ‘squirter rations’ in the boot.

Tomorrow we have the Colinsburgh ‘Soup and Sweet’ lunch... so I don’t need to do much about food for tomorrow;  a bit like today.    I should finish my cards tomorrow;  the weather forecast for KY9 is ‘wet and windy’:   perfect weather  for doing cards.    The cards for posting have been ..... posted.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....