Feeling pink ... as 'in' it


19th December 2018 (Wednesday) ....  08.00   I’m feeling ‘bright eyed
Catching an Elie sunrise. 
and bushy tailed’ this morning;  probably because we have the makings of a bonnie day ahead... a light breeze, with a mostly clear sky,  giving us long sunny spells.    The ‘sunny spells’ can’t be that long ‘cos it’s almost the shortest day (Friday the 21st).



  16.30    There was only one ‘sunny spell’.... but it was a cracker;  it lasted all day.    If I‘d known that it was going to be that long I’d have dug out my shorts and the sun-bloc.  Actually I have been a reasonably busy bunny ... delivering some of my local Christmas cards.   Oh .... I ran out of printer ink .... with the insides of six cards to print!    I’ve ordered another two packs, but it’s unlikely they’ll arrive by the weekend.


I was delivering cards in Cellardyke when I thought;  “now that I'm this far I’ll go to Crail, have a daunder round Crail harbour, followed by a coffee in one of the Cafe’s.    Got to Crail, did the harbour ‘thing’ .... then found out that I didn’t have any money on
Elie - early afternoon.
me... so nae coffee.     Right now I’m having a ‘Flat White’ out of a sachet;  it’s not awfie exciting but it’s a lot better than anything I could make.    My next move is to go to the ‘paper shop’ for milk;   I forgot to buy milk in my excitement at remembering that this was the ‘East Fife Mail’ day!  
 
20.00    When I was at the harbour this morning I met a lady who had come down from Dundee, with her husband, to photograph the sunrise from Elie harbour.   There was a bit of red in the sky and they would get a decent sunrise photo.    I took a photo of the lady taking a pre sunrise photo ... as you can see.

 This has been an excellent, and really enjoyable day.    The weather was perfect, and I
Crail - mid afternoon.
got a lot of things done:  and managed to do a bit of bumbling around in the warm (for the time of year) sunshine.  I am a contented bunny tonight.   Tomorrow is going to be cloudier with the chance of a few light showers:  but, not on the Royal Burgh.  I haven’t made my mind up as to what I’m going to do tomorrow;  apart from go for the paper and morning coffee. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....