Light frost ....


5th December 2018 (Wednesday) .... 07.30    We have an early morning
Sunrise time .... that was happening behind the clouds on the right.
frost with a thin layer of frost on the car;  a bonnie start to the day but the forecast is for rain by mid morning.    It looks like I’ll get my Christmas cards printed off today.




08.30    I was on the beach for sunrise but that was never going to be visible this morning;  not from out neck of the wood anyway ..... there was a big bank of clouds between us and the sun.   What we did get was bonnie, but it was also cold so I didn’t hang around.  


It started to rain at 10.30.... this was taken at 11.00.
12.30    It has been wet and miserable since 10.30 and looks like it will be thus for a bit yet.    I have been for the paper, and morning coffee:  except that I forgot to go for the papers.    I’m ensconced in ‘Ivy’ for the remainder of the day, hatches battened down, .... with the kettle on permanent stand- by.... so the papers will have to wait until ‘ra morra’.   I’m worried in case all the “Leven Mails” have been sold;  you never know there could be big run on “Leven Mails”.   

19.30    We have been really lucky in one way today:  we've had a dust free afternoon.    On the other hand it has been miserable and very wet;  not a day for doing much.    Not outside anyway.    I had a busy afternoon:  I cut my tae nails, .... and ... yes  I  did ‘oover up the clippings.    I then watched President Bush’s funeral.    Not the whole of it.... just bits now and again.;  until ‘Lovejoy’ came on.     It’s still ‘wet and miserable’ .... I know this ‘cos I’ve been out at the bucket.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to Leven;   George wants to do some shopping so I’m
Earlsferry High Street.
taking him with me.    We’ve got an early start because my appointment is at 09.00.    I’m also going for a haircut, and meeting George in Sainsbury’s later.

It looks like (going by the weather forecast) that we cold wake up to more dampness .... but not as bad as it has been today:  there’s even a chance of a few bright spells in the afternoon.    My ‘tomorrow morning’ is all taken care of, and in the afternoon we have the Drop in Cafe:  tomorrow is well planned.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....