Crackin' pre- sunrise sky ...


14th December 2018 (Friday) .... 09.30    We had a colourful sky this
20 minutes brfore sunrise.
morning.... one of those pre- sunrise skies that makes me feel excited .... not a good weather sign, but stunning to see,... the sky i.e..... not me in ‘excited’ mode.   There’s a cool air coming from the south .... it’s perfect drying day:   and I have bedding going through the machine.





15.00    We’ve had a lovely, albeit cold, day... and I have been a busier boy than I thought I’d be.    The washing dried and is ready to iron;  and I have been to Leven to do a bit of shopping.   Today’s ‘plan’ didn’t include shopping but Myra and Jim were going to Leven after morning coffee in Harbour House.... so, in view of the weather forecast .... this ‘boy’ decided to
10 minutes before sunrise.
go shopping.   If the ‘Royal Burrow’ gets cut off by huge snow drifts (anything over 3 inches deep) it is now is well stocked up with Weetabix (72 size box) and emergency rations.    Oh .... and food too.  Not that I expect much in the way of snow but the need for retail therapy seemed a good idea.

    

16.00    I went out for my usual run (Elie, Balbuthie Loan, Kinneuchar then home) in the car at sunset time, but the setting sun  was never going to be visible due to a low cloudbank.   Had I taken the tripod with me I’d have taken a few, evening, street shots up in Elie;  but I hadn’t so I didn’t.   ‘Ivy Cottage’ is now battened down for the night.   Oh, that reminds me  .... I meant to go to the charity shop in Leven to get a few ‘bedtime reading’ books but forgot.   I have an appointment with a lassie in the bank on Monday morning so I’ll buy a few books at the Chatity shop next door.

19.30    The gritter has been out again this evening because there is a yellow warning
Elie Bay.
out for snow/ice;  active for our area from 09.00 tomorrow morning though to 09.00 Sunday morning.  As long as the road isn’t blocked between here and Harbour House we should be fine:  unless the road is blocked between St Monans and Harbour House, which would prevent Laura getting through.    Without Laura there’s nae coffee!   That can’t happen ... we’ll settle for a few sleety showers,.. and wet, but open roads.


The sun was low in the sky coming home from Leven this afternoon, and I ended up having a migraine.    I’ll have a look at something on the tele and have  another early night in bed.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....