It's cauld ....


15th December 2018 (Saturday)  08.00  ... there’s a raw wind so there’s
Sunrise time.... behind the clouds.
a big wind chill factor this mornin’... and the ait temperature is around 0c, so it’s cauld;  but it is dry.    Do I venture down to the beach?    Sunrise time is 08.38 today... I’ve got time to have a cuppa before wrapping up and bumbling down for a quick look at the beach.   The wind is from the south east, and there’s no shelter from that direction.... but ... I’m feeling brave.... ish!



09.30    Yes ... it is definitely windy and cold today;  especially on the beach.  There was a few folk on the beach... mostly with dogs;  but one lady was litter picking.    And not short of stuff to ‘pick’.   The sky is mostly overcast but there are blue holes now and again so we might have a few short sunny spells.  The wind is forecast to freshen in the afternoon so it’s going to be cold all day:  hopefully we’ll miss the nasty stuff that’s being mentioned by the weather forecasters.


'Sunny spell' holes in the clouds.
15.00    I have been out once;  to the “paper Shop”, and Harbour House for morning coffee, and a chat, with ‘the Troops’.   In spite of the sky being heavily overcast we have not had any rain so far:  but, with the wind being bitterly cold, I don’t intend going out again today.   I’ve done the ironing;  that was a cosy job;  now I’ll make a cuppa, and then write the remainder of my Christmas cards.   I want all the cards ‘done by dusted’ by Monday night.  Oh ... I’ve just remembered that I have a lamb casserole to sort out;  I’d best get that underway.   


17.30    My word we have a wild, it began to rain about 16.00, and we now have  a
Windy beach.
 very wet, and windy, night ahead by the look and sound of it.    At least it isn’t snow... and all the mess that comes with it.    Of course there could be snow overnight, but that is more likely to happen further away from the sea.
The aroma of lamb casserole is beginning to filter through from the kitchen:   I’m hungry. 


19.00    The wind is still rattling the windows, but the rain appears to have relented;  we are missing the worst of ‘storm Deirdre’.    I’ll spend the remainder of the evening writing cards, and watching something on the tele:    anything but the ‘News’!    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....