Bright and breezy ....


16th December 2018 (Sunday) ....   10.00   There’s been a lot of rain
Bonnie (but breezy) morning.
overnight: snow on the west of Fife.... but it is bright and breezy this morning.    I went down to the harbour for a change of scene, and a place to shelter, out of the wind, when taking photographs;  because it is cold out.    Colin, who originally set out for a game of golf, (but no one else had turned up), had a turn down to the harbour instead.    He was well organised, having an insulated mug full of coffee.    I have one of those mugs;   and I use it in the evening when on the computer.    I’ll use it before I go out in the car in future.
There was one other man at the harbour;  he was getting ready to go wind surfing.    I was cold just looking at the water;  I couldn’t imagine going out on the water .... even wearing a wet suit.

'Harbour House' late in the afternoon.

21.00    It has been a lovely day, but cold before the wind dropped away tae practically nothing.      With it being a quiet evening, I decided to go out and get photos of Elie, Kinneuchar and St Monans kirks floodlit; but only Kinneuchar Kirk was floodlit.   I did Kinneuchar Kirk, and went out the Balbuthie road to see if St Monans Auld Kirk was lit but it wasn’t, and found out when I reached Elie that our kirk wasn’t either.    If I remember correctly Elie had problems with the floodlights being vandalised a couple of years ago.    Anyway I’m a happy bunny albeit a tired one:   though I can’t understand why I’m tired ‘cos most of my  day has been spent either writing cards or pottering about with photographs on the computer.    Oh ... I went out in the afternoon to catch the sunset from the Toft.... by that time the wind had moderated.     I must get a pair of fingerless
Kinneuchar Kirk.
gloves ‘cos it’s cold operating the camera at this time of year.... especially in the evening!    I’ve just realised that, in 6 days we’ll be starting the climb back to summer time.

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’?     I have an appointment in Leven, and Jim is also wanting needing to go to  Leven.   It will be a quick trip as there’s Memorial Service for Robert’s wife in Kinneuchar Kirk at 13.00.    I think the weather for tomorrow isn’t bad;  Tuesday’s is not so good.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....