Boxing Day ....


26th December 2018 (Wednesday) .... Oh dear ... we have a heavily
The Aberdeen by-pass.
overcast morning, but I can see clearer sky towards the South... most likely over The ‘Royal Burgh’.   It is warmer, and  forecast  to brighten up by midday at Auchnagatt.  Nae ‘plans’ for today but we will be playing the ‘Sheep Game’ in the evening.... that can last for a couple  of hours.



12.30    Jackie and I have been to Ellon and had a short walk along  the riverside path.... but felt  really ‘raw’ cauld down there, much colder than at home in Auchnagatt.    You could see light mist over the river;  hence the cauldness.   Anyway .... we’re back home, where we do have a few big patches of blue
River Ythan (at Ellon).
sky giving us the occasional sunny spell.     One of the main reasons for going to Ellon was me having to buy socks:  I only had the pair I'd travelled up with.    Tesco's didn't let me down;  they had suitably garish ones.



16.00   We’ve just had a colourful sunset and can, hopefully, look forward to a bonnier day tomorrow.    Tomorrow’s weather (Ellon), is forecast it to be slightly warmer, with sunny spells, but also slightly windier... so we could have some wind chill factor.

20.00   We’ve just had a colourful sunset and can, hopefully, look forward to a bonnier day tomorrow.    Tomorrow’s weather (Ellon), is forecast it to be slightly warmer, with sunny spells, but also slightly windier... so we could have some wind chill factor.
I’ve been wearing two of my Christmas presents, reading one, and nibbling another ....  and I have a lot more reading and nibbling to do;  Santa (bless his white hairy beard) was good to me.   Tomorrow we plan to go somewhere where is a beach;   Gardenstown.   


Jackie and Catriona are going to Glasgow on Friday, dropping me off at Ivy on the
Watching the sunset.
way down.   I have a big favour to ask;   could someone please put my broon bucket on to the pavement?    It’s in the front garden, and I thought I’d be home on Thursday.    I’d really appreciate the bucket being put out;  as I don’t think it is going to be emptied for another four weeks.   I could be home by midday on Friday but the ‘bucket cairt’ sometimes comes first thing in the morning in Earlsferry.   There’s a mug of ‘Hutte Finest’ to whoever puts it out.    Hmmmm .....  maybe not the best ‘reward’! 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....