Damp after overnight rain ....


20th December 2018 (Thursday) .... 07.00   The sun doesn’t rise for
Hmmmm .... threatening looking clouds towards the West.
another hour and three quarters so it’s still dark, but I can see that it has been raining, and, as I can’t see the stars it must be overcast.   I’ve been out as far as the front gate. I’d planned to do a washing but that has been put ‘off’ until tomorrow, because, although it isn’t cold there’s hardly any wind.   I’ll have a cuppa.


10.00    As it was dull and wet earlier I dashed along to Leven to deliver Janet’s Christmas cards:  when I was there I took the car through the car wash, and did a small shopping in Sainsbury’s.  We have a much brighter sky now;  a 50/50 mix of clouds and blue sky.   It’s a nice day, but there’s no wind so I’ll leave the washing where it is until tomorrow.   I’ve been feeling ‘one degree under’ all morning, but brightened up when Irene appeared, like  ray of sunshine, with a Christmas card.  Right now I’m going for the paper... and morning coffee.

Elie.
14.00    The weather has turned wet, and miserable:  luckily we have the ‘Drop in Cafe’ this afternoon to cheer us up.   I fell fast asleep in front of the tele after a lunch, and woke up feeling, sort of nearly ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ again.    I think it’s the dull morning, after the glorious sunny day we had yesterday that’s made me feel ‘down’.    I’m off to the ‘Cafe’ for a cuppa.


20.00    The ‘Drop in Cafe’ was very quiet today;   not surprising when you consider the kind of weather we had in the afternoon, and Christmas being ‘round the corner’.   Nevertheless we had a braw afternoon, with hot mince pies, numerous cuppas and loads of chat;   the ‘cafe’ always brightened up the dull afternoon.   It was dark, and wet, by the time we left so I didn’t
This rose thinks it's Spring!
go to the harbour.

The ink I ordered might be delivered tomorrow, or Saturday, so I might get the insides of the cards finished after all.    I’m not going to buy an Epson printer again;  they are cheap to buy, but very expensive to run.

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be ‘light cloud with a gentle breeze’.    I like gentle breezes;  makes me think Spring thoughts.   You know .... jumpin’ in puddles and all that stuff.   I’m going to Leven to do the  stuff I forgot to do today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....