Overcast and windy ...


31st December 2018 (Monday) .... 09.00    It’s cloudier and windier this
Busy beach.
morning and, yet again, warm for the time of year .... but the wind is taking a few degrees off the temperature.   At least it’s dry.
I haven’t been out for a walk yet;  the main reason for that being that sunrise will be hidden by the cloud layer.... and the wind is frisky.    I might wander up to Elie for morning coffee at 10.00.


09.10     Jings ....it isn’t as overcast as I thought it was;  I cleaned my specs!


21.00   It has been windy all day ... therefore colder.    I walked to Elie for morning coffee in Harbour House, and to buy a paper.   As long as I have frequent stops I can travel reasonable distances, albeit painfully.   There are people who can’t walk at all so
Moody sky.
I consider myself lucky to be as mobile as I am.  Anyway let’s forget aboot the sair knee:  it was good to meet up with ‘the troops’ again after the Christmas break.   We all enjoyed time with our families;  and look forward to doing it all again next year.    Next year? .... 2019 has already started in some parts of the world... and will be ushered ‘in’ here, in four hours or so.   The villages have filled up with people wanting to ‘bring in’ the New Year. 

After morning coffee I walked home by way of the beach;  my word... it was fresh down there;  and busy.  It was very scenic:  If beaches could be happy, I think our beach would have been happy today.    As is my wont I managed to get some decent photographs of a living, happy beach.

Since then I have pottered about with the laptop, and watched ‘War and Peace’
Vaushall Velox (1960).
(Tolstoy) on the tele.   In fact I’m watching it yet, and have been typing this update during the adverts.

Tomorrow is forecast to be less windy, with some sunny spells.... but, the temperature is going to start dropping and we should have frost on Wednesday morning.    I have ‘nae plans’ for tomorrow, apart from getting ‘up and out’ early for a bumble round the village.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....