Quiet morning ....


23rd December 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.30    Wellll .... I’m feeling brighter
Peaceful Elie bay.
because the cold has broken, but I’m coughing and spluttering:  so no travelling today.   It’s a quiet morning, and I have been to the beach to catch the sunrise ... unfortunately that event was obscured by low cloud.    Once the sun rises above the low cloud we should have a bonnie day.    I’m off to have a cuppa.   



I did plan to go to the service in Kinneuchar but I’d just be spreading this cauld around;   and my ‘singing’ would be impaired anyway.  I must be hallucinatin’.... my singing impaired?    My singing career was short:   it lasted as until I reached ‘me’ on the scale.... then the teacher “you can sit down Lawrie!”    That was at Crathes School.  I’d be 6 or 7 at the time.


Oak tree on Balcarres.
12.00    It’s a nice day now, though a bit cloudier than I expected:  a long sunny spell would be welcome.    I fell asleep watching a modern version of ‘Sound of Music’;  it’s actually quite good... well what I did see of it was.    The reason it’s a nice day is because I heard the door bell and  re-surfaced to find a sunny spell at the door.   In our villages, although the sky is cloudy (occasionally),  we are lucky:  we have 'rays of sunshine' that brighten up the village wherever they go... no matter how cloudy the sky.   I’m off to see the end of ‘Sound of Music’.... the advertising bits last for a long time ... which is why I’ve had time to update ‘The Hutte’.


17.00    It has been a duller day than I expected,  but nice enough nonetheless.    I went up to Balcarres (by car) in the afternoon, but haven’t done much in the way of walking:  apart from going to the beach before breakfast.   Much of my time has been
Berwick Law from the top of Balcarres.
spent sleeping in front of the tele.... not that I mean to fall asleep, but when the adverts come on .... well that’s it.   I either fall asleep ot make another cuppa.


19.30    I have had one lazy day;  though I have managed to do some stuff on the computer.... and a wee bit of ‘ousework.   The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow;  probably slightly sunnier than it was today, but also colder.    I’m going to see if I can find something on the tele to watch, as I sip the ‘Janice Toddie’  that I am going to make.   The problem is that Janice is the only one that really knows the formula.   I don’t think I’ve got the mix right, but I do know that the main ingredient has to be Malt!   But how much?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....