Wet morning ....


22nd December 2018 (Saturday) ........ 08.00   Hmmmm .... I’m an
Popular local shop.
unhappy bunny;  it’s been raining and it looks like I’ll have to postpone hanging out the washing until mid-morning.     At the moment we have a ‘grey and wet looking sky’;  however the forecast is for sunny spells and light showers by mid morning.  
  
I've got  a touch of the cold, and it's making me feel sluggish this morning;   if I feel like this tomorrow  I won’t  driving up to Auchnagatt.    It wouldn’t be wise.

08.30    I got ready to go to the beach:   but would you believe it .... it’s raining.     Raining  .... at the centre of the universe?   That shouldn’t be happening;  especially when I want to hang out a washing!    I’ll make myself another cuppa.

Looking west along Bank Street, Elie.

20.30    The rain cleared away about 10.00 and we’ve had a nice day, with the a thin layer of cloud between us and the sun;  so it was bright with the odd sunny spell.    After morning coffee with Jim and Myra, I had a busy day in spite of feeling a bit iffy with this cauld.    I washed the kitchen, bathroom and lobby floors .... then fell asleep in front of the computer.    The printer ink had been delivered and I ran off the insides of a few cards.   It was a bonnie afternoon for delivering Christmas cards .... so that is what I did. 
 
The villages appear to be getting busier with Christmas holiday arrivals:  it’s not until
I couldn't resist another shot of Kinneuchar Kirk!
Hogmanay that Elie and Earlsferry are choc-a-bloc.  I’m in two mind about driving up to Auchnagatt: I want to do it but at the back of my mind I don’t think that it’s a good idea...with the way my head feels. A few years ago I’d have done it without any thought, but growing old is a bit like an e-mail with attachments.  I’ll see how I feel in the morning;  and there’s always Monday.   My bag is packed ... and the car fuelled up, so I’m ready to go whenever I feel ‘fresh and frisky’.   I /someone will be needed at Auchnagatt...to disrupt the smooth flowing plans!   I’ll take a couple of pills and have an early night in bed.

Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be ‘light winds and sunny spells’.... a good day for driving.... but no;  I don’t think I’m going to be tempted.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....