Windy ....


18th December 2018 (Tuesday) ... 08.00     We have brisk wind off the
Lively morning ... and so am I.
south, and it doesn’t feel that cold.... it's 7c in Ivy garden... but the wind chill will make it about 4c on the beach.     I’ve been up to the post box and back along the beach:  although the eastern sky was beginning to lighten it was too dark to see much, but I could see the white tops of, and hear, big waves coming into the bay.    High tide is at 11.00. 



  15.00     There was a good turnout for the ‘Colinsburgh Soup and Sweet’ Christmas lunch;   with Christmas crackers, therefore party hats so we ended up with a nice party atmosphere.    The party ended with the Colinsburgh School pupils singing Christmas songs.    I recognised Kris, Derek’s grandson: I don’t think there would be anyone else that I should have known.   I’ve kind of lost touch with Colinsburgh now.  

Before the rain.
There had been light rain when Jim and I went into Colinsburgh Hall;  by the time we came out it was “chuckin’ it doon”;  and, there was a lot of water on the roads on the way home, so we’ve had a lot of rain.   I think the rain is forecast to clear away to the Northwest in the evening.


20.00   The weather has been of the dreary variety today, but it has been a good day for doing some stuff.   The Colinsburgh Lunch was the brightest part of my day;  that was really enjoyable.    Since then I have fallen asleep in front of the tele, woke up, had a cuppa and finished off writing cards.
Brexit continues to dominate our ‘news’ and will do so for a long time yet;  although Jose Mourinho being sacked from Manchester United has attracted a lot of attention today.   However we don’t need to worry about him going hungry; he will leave Manchester with more than £18,000,000.  
 
What’s my ‘plan’ for ‘tomorrow?  I suppose it depends on the weather;  but the
weather for KY9 is forecast to be ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.    Jings ... nae mention of rain!  We’ll be worrying about a drought if we don’t have our daily sprinkle of rain!   When I think of it;  in 3 days it will be the longest night, and then it’s all uphill to Spring...and Summer? Anyway I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow; I might deliver some Christmas card, on the way for morning coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....