In residence ....


28th December 2018 (Friday) .... 21.00    I’m ‘in residence’ at Ivy after
Sunset over Chapel Green, Earlsferry.
a really enjoyable Christmas up at Auchnagatt.  Jackie and Catriona were travelling down to Bearsden (Glasgow) today so I got a lift down to Ivy with them.... where they could admire my whirlpool flushing loo;  and have a cuppa and sandwiches.!   We had a quiet journey, with a stop at Morrison’s in Dundee so that I could buy milk and bread, and sandwiches etc.    I decided that I’d make my own sandwiches when we got to Ivy, as Jackie had given me various homemade chutneys and jellies for Christmas and I fancied  a ‘ham, chutney and mustard’ sandwich.    Rather than make my sandwiches while the gilts were sitting lonely in Ivy living room, I just had a cuppa with them and would have the sandwiches after they set off on the second leg of their journey.    They were about five minutes into the second leg when I realised that I was
Sunset time.
going to have ham and mustard sandwiches,.... without chutney:  I’d left the bag containing some of my Christmas presents in Jackie’s car.    Yes the sandwiches were ‘dry’ but I was hungry and ate them.    The plan is for me to meet with Jackie and Catriona at Kinross Services, when they are travelling back to Auchnagatt, where I will be reunited with my presents.   I am a silly boy.

I went to the beach at sunset time;  it was good to see the beach busy, and it had been busy for most of the day, going by the amount of footprints on it.    I had a quiet wander along the edge of the tide to the Cockstail rocks to get a few sunset photographs.  The ‘plan’ for tomorrow morning, is to get up early to have a walk on the beach, catch the sunrise, then bumble home for breakfast.  The forecast is good for tomorrow, though there could be some, light, early morning rain.... followed by a long spell of sunshine.   I’m going to do a washing.    In fact I’ll do it (the washing) immediately after I’ve done this update;  that way it will be ready to hang out first thing in the morning.

A big ‘Thank You’, to Martin and George, who put out my broon bucket; and also to
Chapel Green sunset.
Marcia, who went round to put out the bucket, only to find it already out.   The bucket has been emptied so I am a ‘happy bunny’.

Plan for tomorrow?     I normally hibernate at this time of year, and do things in Ivy;  this year I’m going to ‘spring’ clean my bedroom.    I normally tidy it up every six weeks or so;  six weeks is about the limit for allowing ‘stuff’ to accumulate on the chairs etc.  This is going to be an extra ‘clean’ as I’m thinking of moving into the wee room, with the single bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....