Lovely morning ....


8th December 2018 (Saturday) ....09.00   It is braw on the beach this
15 minutes before sunrise.

morning;  it is breezy, but it isn’t a biting wind.  Sunrise (08.31) was visible though it takes a couple of minutes before it appears above the Lammermuir Hills.   It looks like we are going to have a good drying day:  which is handy ‘cos I have a washing in the machine.



12.30    Yes!.... it’s a perfect drying day, but it is cold when exposed to the wind, due to the wind-chill factor.   I’ve been for the papers, and had an enjoyable blether in Harbour House;  with proper coffee.    The plan is to go up to Balcarres in the afternoon and have a walk somewhere out of the wind.   In the meanrime I'm printing off some Christmas cards before a 'lite lunch'.

08.34 at the Centre of the Universe.
16.30    I did go up to Balcarres in the afternoon, but thy sky had clouded over and it was really quite dull, so I had a short walk at the bottom of the crag, then went home to ‘The Royal Burgh’ and had walk about Chapel Green., where   Andrew, who was out for his afternoon walk, joined me on Maggie’s seat.    We chatted for a bit about local things for a few minutes, then, coming to the decision that it was cold went our separate ways;  Andrew going home and me to continue with my walk.
Back at Ivy I rescued my washing; which was dry but tangled round the washing line.


19.30    This has been a funny kind of day for me:  oh I’ve done things but haven’t been relaxed.     I had a migraine after I got back from Chapel Green so that might have taken the edge off my enthusiasm;   that and the pills.    And the weather going all dull wouldn’t help ... in fact it probably brought on the migraine.

Brexit continues to dominate the ‘News’.   The latest ‘Plan’ is that we might consider
Late afternoon.
an agreement along the lines of the relationship that Norway has with the EU:      The stumbling block with that agreement being that we’d have the complete freedom of movement of citizens of the EU... as it is now.   A lot of leavers voted so because of the freedom of movement.   In other words Our Honourable Leaders are saying to the wavering MP’s, “if you don’t vote for ‘The Deal’ I’ve (Theresa) agreed with the EU,  you will end up with the status quo as far as free movement goes”.    They’re a sneaky bunch are politicians.  This Brexit thing is a mess.

I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  I’ll see how I feel in the morning.   The weather forecast is good:   less windy, with long sunny spells, and colder.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....