Warm ... but windy


30th December 2018 (Sunday) .... 10.00    I had a change of direction
Mmmmm... this photo needs someone sitting on the seat!
for my walk this morning. Up to, and round, the Chapel Green, then home by way of the beach .... a total distance of 2.63 kilometres (1.63 miles);   with a lot of short stops to rest the knee.   It’s a nice enough morning for a walk;  breezy with a lot of cloud.... but it’s not a cold wind, although it does take a few degrees off what would be an unseasonably warm day for this time of year.


19.00    It has been mostly cloudy today, but dry;   a good day for doing things.    I did the ironing, a wee bit of ‘ousework, and a big bit of pottering around on the computer; everything bar the stuff I’d ‘planned’ to do.

 
Earlsferry from the third tee area... half an hour before sunset.
In the middle of the afternoon I went up to the Pony Field to catch the sun setting over Largo Bay, but it wasn’t the most exciting sunset.    However, 20 minutes after sunset, the western sky was ablaze:   a sign that we should have a bonnie day tomorrow.... and I got an ‘Earlsferry High Street at sunset’ photo.   Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be a repeat of the weather we had today:  so much for the ‘red sky at night’ etc.   

I’m tired after all the walking I’ve done, and will spend the remainder of the evening watching the tele, working on the laptop.... and probably cat napping.   It will be interesting to see how my knee is tomorrow:  I have shown it no mercy today, and suspect that it will ‘show me no mercy’ tomorrow.

The villages are busy but not as busy as I expected them to be.    I’ve no doubt they will
Earlsferry sunset.
fill up tomorrow.   I lie to see the visitors, and their dogs, enjoying the beach, the golf course,... and just bumbling around the villages:   they, the visitors, appear come from all over the UK, going by the car registration numbers.  

 I don’t have any plans for tomorrow;  so I’ll just play it by ear.   Actually, I might do some of the work in the garden that I’ve been threatening to do.   
Ye gods.... I fell asleep in front of the laptop;  I need a cuppa.    I’ll go and put the kettle ‘on’ then do this update.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....