Mostly overcast, but dry ....


21st  December 2018 (Friday) ....09.00    the Winter Solstice:  Spring is
Elie High Street this afternoon.
just round the corner.    Well ... maybe not just yet.
 We have a dull start to the morning but the sun should break through by mid morning.     I’m  ready to go to Leven.... just need to have a cuppa.

11.00    That’s the Leven mission accomplished;  and I remembered to pick up George this time.    Most times I get to Upper Largo before I think to myself “Ooops .... where’s George?    He  was going to Leven.”    Anyway we‘ve been to Leven.... and nae sunny spells as yet!    But we have a ‘clear sooth’;  that’s what drooned the plooman.   Could we be in for a few showers?   The sky does look ominous.

Some of the Elie High Street shops - including the 'paper shop'.

21.30    The ominous sky did produce about two hours of rain;  but when the rain cleared away we had a bright spell.   I couldn’t call it a sunny spell because the un was behind a thin layer of cloud.    Anyway when this bright spell appeared I went up to Chapel Green to have a daunder around.    I met a few other people doing the same.   One gentleman was walking his Spanish Water Dog.   I’d just offended aforementioned Spanish Water Dog by asking if it was a ‘doodle’ type of dog.   He was a busy (he was claiming tufts of grass etc.) and a bonnie old dog and wasn’t unduly bothered by being compared to a ‘doodle’ dog.   In fact he wasn’t even interested.

I kind of suspect that the cold germs have reach Ivy.   I woke up with a slightly sore, and stuffed up head.   Oh … I’ve been active enough, managing to fall asleep in front of the tele too often.    I’ll get off to bed in a wee while.
Shona came down from Kinneuchar to deliver her Christmas card, so we had a cuppa and caught up with each others ‘news’.   Shona is looking well ;  being ‘in love’ suits her.

There's a washing through the machine just now;   I’m hoping for a drying day
Kincraig cliffs - Earlsferry.
tomorrow.;  that said the forecast isn’t of the ‘best drying’ day kind.   Rain isn’t mentioned but it could be overcast with a light breeze.    I’ll hang it out first thing;  because tomorrow is another short day…. tonight is the longest night.

I got in a ‘kerfuffle’ with the computer tonight.   I’d inadvertently hit the ‘Track Changes’ button and all this writing that you see was red and underlined (as a comment).   It took me an hour to find out the problem.   Silly boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....