Nice, crisp morning ...


24th December 2018 (Monday) .... 08.15   We have one of my favourite
Cracker of a morning at the Centre of the Universe.
kind of mornings;  a clear sky with a touch of frost.... a perfect morning for doing things.   I’m feeling almost ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’, although still a bit light headed.    I’ll have a daunder to the beach to catch the sunrise (08.44), though it looks like that could be hidden by a bank of low cloud;  however I’d still enjoy the walk on the beach. 


 

15.00    I’m now ensconced at Backhill of Inkhorn, Auchnagatt:  Iain arrived at Ivy about five minutes after I got home from the beach:    I, immediately, went into ‘major flap on’ mode .... and put the kettle on.    We had breakfast, I packed the last minute items, and we left Ivy about 10.00.    The journey up was quiet, apart from the Dundee roundabout, and we reached Strathcathro about 11.00 where we had a comfort stop.
The new Aberdeen by-pass is brilliant .... welll it would be brilliant if it was complete but one bridge needs some work done on it before the whole road can be  opened.   As it is we got as far as the A96 junction where all traffic had to exit the new road.    We had to drive into Aberdeen to the roundabout at the north end of Anderson Drive (the old Aberdeen by-pass), then take the normal route out of Aberdeen to connect with the Ellon road;  which has been made into a dual carriageway all the way from Aberdeen to Ellon.    Much money has been spent on the roads around Aberdeen.   The journey from Ivy to Ellon will be a lot easier when the new road is finally opened.

I was in two minds as to whether I should drive up this morning, and nearly cancelled the arrangement we’d made for Iain to come down and tome up.   As it was I’m glad I didn’t drive;  I would have caused chaos when we had to exit the new road.... and Iain would be more than halfway, on his way down to Ivy, anyway. 

22.30     I'm off to bed now;  tired after a busy and happy day:   and I managed to get 4 sheep home in this evenings 'Sheep Game'... usually I lose them before they reach the fold.    
I hope you all have a "Merry Christmas"tomorrow;   with loads of happiness and love. XXX 
  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....