JB arriving today ....


4th October 2018 (Thursday).... 08.30     Yessss... it’s a gorgeous morning
Sun rising over the East Links, Elie.
for bumbling around on the beach:  which I have done.    We had a bonnie sunrise,... and now a ‘bright and breezy’ morning.     I’m feeling .... well .... a bit like the weather really .... ‘bright and breezy’.    I’m more or less ready for ‘JB’;    only the crock pot to set going with tonight’s dinner.    And a wee bit of ‘ooverin’ to do.
The major ‘plan’ when ‘JB’ is here, is to replace the bunk beds with a single  bed.... a job we’ll start on tomorrow.    Orf to have a cuppa before I fire up the crock pot.



22.30     My word .... this has been a busy day.    Although John (‘JB) wasn’t due at Ferrytoll until 16.30, I set off for about 14.00, the ‘plan’ being to go to North Queensferry to get a few photographs of the ‘bridges’.    Welll.... they have changed the way you get to North Queensferry..... they cut off the old direct road, and you now have to go under the motorways towards Rosyth, then come back to ‘NQ’.    It is well enough marked on the roads, but I decided to  leave that visit for another day as it is considerably longer.    AS it happened I could have gone:  JB was over an hour late in
The 'Queensferry Crossing'.
leaving Gatwick.

John texted me to tell me that he would be later, so I decided to go for a walk towards the old bridge.    I’m glad I did this because the path I walked is also the cycle way to the old bridge;  so I now know how to get onto the old bridge on my bike.    I have biked the old bridge umpteen times, but in those days the roads weren’t as busy as they are now:  and I biked the whole way... from Earlsferry to Edinburgh .... and other places... via the old bridge.    Ferrytoll will be where I moor up the car, get the bike out and bike across the bridge.   This will be the battery assisted bike I am going buy:   a folding bike that fits into the back of the car.

‘JB’ eventually arrived at Ferrytoll about 18.10, and we were back at Ivy at 19.15.    I
The 'old' and the 'new'.
expected the food I’d left in the crock pot to be inedible , but it was .... well edible, but slightly overcooked I’d say.    However both ‘JB’ and me were starving by this time and anything that bore the slightest resemblance to food would have been acceptable.   It was!

JB is away to bed, and I will be in mine very shortly.   We plan to go to Kirkcaldy tomorrow to look at beds, and buy paint for the front of Ivy.    Much to do over the next few days.... weather permitting.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....