Hmmmm ... light rain


3rd October 2018 (Wednesday) .... 07.00    Oh .... it’s overcast with light
Earlsferry from Woodhaven car park.
rain just now, so no walk on the beach this morning.    The rain is forecast to be short lived, and for us to get some short sunny spells in the afternoon.... a nice morning for buying papers, and drinking coffee in Harbour House.     The air feels warmer this morning...and  there’s only a smirr of a breeze so no wind chill.    Pity about the rain.



20.30     ‘The Boy’ has been busy... and he is a tired one...’Boy’... tonight.    First of all  ... yes ... it was a nice morning for coffee in Harbour House, and we had a grand blether.   After coffee I went to Leven to do a small shopping.    The shopping didn’t take long and I was back in Ivy by 13.00.    I was asleep in front of the tele by 13.30.    However I didn’t sleep long today so the effects of the cortisone, and the flu jab, must be wearing off.   I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to do some work .... i.e. get organised for ‘JB’ tomorrow.

Elie Bay -  with feeding gannets.
The bedding has been sorted out:   and, because the sun was shining bright by this rime, I went to the skip at Woodhaven with a bag of paper etc.    At that time in the afternoon we had a really busy sky and, having a camera with me I photographed my way back home via the harbour and the Toft.   The gannets were diving just off the harbour and I did to get a few pictures, but I was using the Olympus, which is a good camera but the Canon is better for diving gannets.    I use the Canon set on manual most of the time.    There was a bonnie atmosphere this afternoon, and I did manage to get a few decent photos... in spite of the wind;  which had freshened to F5-6.

I had a walk to the beach at sunset time but the sun set behind low clouds, so the sky
Earlsferry High Street at sunset time.
wasn’t as colourful as I’d hoped it would be,... but bonnie nonetheless.    Living where we do we are surrounded by beautiful scenery, which looks different, and good, in any weather.    The problem is being out in adverse weather to admire the aforementioned scenery.

Our weather for tomorrow is, “breezy with sunny spells, and the chance of a shower later”.    Much the same as today it would appear.    I pick up John from Ferrytoll in the afternoon,.... so I’ll manage my morning coffee before I set off.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....