Lovely morning ....


21st October 2018 (Sunday) .... 09.30   I’ve had another braw morning
20 minutes before sunrise.
on the beach;  there was a lovely pre-sunrise sky, with loads of peace and happiness:  the complete opposite of the political world.    Sunrise itself was an anti-climax.... though bonnie nonetheless, and I came off the beach feeling contented.    I’m off to have breakfast before I start shredding paper etc. 



  
11.30    I’m back in action again after watching the ‘Andrew Marr Show’... one of the few programmes I regularly watch.   The border between North and South Ireland seems to be insurmountable regarding Brexit.   What I can’t understand is why the Northern Ireland ‘Unionist’ party is not in favour of union with the south part of Ireland.   Brexit rumbles on.   Oh ... we have light rain just now;  nor such a bonnie dy now.... though it shoul dbrighten up again in the afternoon.


Lathallan Mill farm.
19.30     Wellll .... I have had a busy day in the ‘office’:   shredding paper and tidying up the computer desks.... I even polished them.     Maggie and I had separate computers.... therefore two desks;   Maggie’s desk has the desk top computer, and my desk is the laptop station.    I’m well equipped with computers.   As a break from working I took some redundant equipment along to the skip at Pittenweem.    On the way home from Pittenweem I diverted myself onto Balcarres for a walk round the woodland path at the bottom of the crag.  
 
After a pleasurable half hour on Balcarres I decided that I’d better get back to Ivy .... and the work.      This has been my lucky day:  on my way through Kinneuchar I saw
The winner, with her entry in the Best Pumpkin competition.
that the kirk was ‘open’ for afternoon teas.   I promptly moored the car up at the side of the road and went in for a cuppa.    There was a buzz coming from the south hall;  it was really busy.   I felt slightly out of place, being in working togs, and having, more or less, come straight from Pittenweem re-cycling Depot.     Nevertheless, I had a braw cuppa and a couple of goodies.... and put my name down for the Harvest Service next weekend.... there’s ‘food’ after the service.     I couldn’t help noticing that there was a table covered with pumpkin lanterns.    This would explain why it was so busy.... and why we were eating pumpkin goodies!    I’d say that I have had a most enjoyable day;   even working had been enjoyable.   That said getting down to the low bits is hard.... but I have an instrument that helps with that.

The temperature has dropped a bit;  it could be that the freshening wind has made it feel cooler.    It is forecast to be colder by the end of this week, with snow on the high hills.    Tomorrow is forecast to be windier... so ... it will feel cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....