Nice airy morning ....


27th October 2018 (Saturday) .... 09.00    It is cold this morning, but,
Visitors from Sussex on the Ferry beach.
because the wind has moderated, there’s less wind chill so it doesn’t feel as cold as it was yesterday:  a nice morning for walking.   It’s also a good morning for driving to Hayward’s Heath in Sussex, which is where the two people (father and son), and the dog, in the photograph , are doing today.    The gentleman’s wife is a relation of Mrs Lilburn so has ‘Royal’ blood coursing through her veins.... she had left the beach before I got round as far as the Cockstail rocks, so, unluckily, I didn’t meet her.   The family come up to ‘The Royal Burgh’ most years.    I had an interesting morning on the beach;  even with ‘sunrise’ being obscured by low cloud.


Elie Bay after the heavy shower of rain.

19.30    This has been a perfect drying day .... well it was until later in the afternoon when a heavy shower of rain passed over us;  luckily the sheets I’d washed and hung out were dry, long before the rain arrived.   They have even been ironed... ready to put away tomorrow.

Today has been spent...  doing a washing, followed by the already mentioned ironing:  and working on the computer.    Of course I have also played 18 holes of Wii gowf, and two games of ten pin bowling..... no wonder I’m beginning to feel sleepy.    I’d been up for the paper and coffee in the morning, but couldn’t get down to the Harbour as someone was making a delivery to the ‘Ship Inn’, and the road was ‘blocked’.   I came home.

Tomorrow we have the Harvest Thanksgiving Service in Kinneuchar Kirk;  with ‘lunch’ afterwards.   Guess who is going to the kirk!     I hope you don’t think I’m
Quiet evening .... but cold.
going to the kirk just for the food;   I’ll reclaim my pew too!    We don’t have our ‘own’ Minister yet, but are in the process of getting one:  shared with St Monans.  

I see on the News that there has been another ‘shooting’ in the USA:  I guess it’s not surprising when you consider  the number of guns, and the Laws governing ownership of said weapons, in the country.   My thoughts are with the families who have, sadly, been caught up in this latest atrocity.   When will it stop?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....