Bed delivery ....


25th October 2018 (Thursday) .... 09.30    we have another lovely
Elie Bay this morning.
morning.. ‘breezy with spells of sunshine’.... at the Centre of the Universe.      Pre- sunrise sky was bonnie, though not of the spectacular kind;   subtler colours and bonnie in a different way.   The moon was setting as the sun was rising which made life interesting;  moon- set is a much quieter event than sunset!   I enjoyed my morning stroll, and arrived back at Ivy to find a message on the answer machine to say that the bed will be delivered between 10.00 and midday.    I’ll have to make my own morning coffee, but will be free for the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon. 

 

13.30    The bed delivery van arrived at 10.50, having travelled all the way from the Depot at Ayr.   They men put the bed together, and were ‘on their way’ by 11.10.... having declined an offer of the Hutte Finest coffee.    They had more deliveries to make on the way back to Ayr!   Imagine having travelled all this way and not wanting a mug
New bed.
of the Hutte Finest!    I wonder?.... has rumour of my coffee making abilities travelled as far as Ayr?   Anyway the bed is in place;  all I have to do is buy a pair of sheets etc.   I might do that tomorrow:  got the 'Drop in Cafe' this afternoon.


20.00    The ‘Cafe’ was busy today;  loads o’ tea and chat.   Very enjoyable.    I washed the single bed downy covers today, having bought washing powder the other day.      I discovered that one of the single downy’s is in fact a double;  no wonder I’ve been having some difficulty getting it into the cover!     Oh well .... I only need one single now anyway!    And I’ve got spare double.    I’ll buy sheets the first time I’m out shopping.

There must be a change on with the weather;   I’m feeling about as active as a fat
Butlin's 1957 - er ... some kind o' skiffle group!
ferret.   It’s just as well that I don’t have a plan for tomorrow... not yet anyway.    Should I sort out all the bedding that  we have? .... and see what I actually need.    Maggie has bedding all over the place;   oh ... some of that may be curtains!    I’m thinking a ‘trip to the skip’ might be on the cards.    In the meantime I’m going to make myself a cuppa, and have some contemplation time.
The temperature is forecast to start dropping tomorrow.... and it’s going to be cold over the weekend into Monday:   Should be good drying weather for the washing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....