Light rain, but warmer ...


31st October 2018 (Wednesday) .... 07.30    Hmmmm... it’s overcast with
Kinneuchar kirk (This afternoon).
light rain .... not a particularly bonnie
start to the ‘day’;   I’m not going to the beach.    The rain is forecast to peter out by mid morning then start again in the afternoon.... I’ll be in Leven most of the morning, sitting in Sainsbury’s reading a paper and having breakfast/lunch.

08.00   Did I say that it was warmer?     Well.... having been for the papers I can tell you it isn’t warmer;  it’s damp and cold..... not a pleasant morning, and yet, bonnie in a different sort of way.   I can have my Weetabix now.... I got milk at the ‘Paper Shop’, milk was my main reason for going to Elie.


14.30     I’m back in Ivy.... and the car has been fixed, (I can hardly believe the state of the brake bits they had to replace), but Jim and I had to miss the Colinsburgh Lite Lunch because didn’t get back home in time.    I phoned Jim from the garage to let him know that I wouldn’t make it;  by the time I did this Jim was having lunch at home.  
Kinneuchar - West end.
Anyway I’m glad that the car has been fixed:  oh the brakes worked admirably before .... but as far as I could see,  from the old bits, only on three wheels.    I’m a happy ‘boy’ again.... but hungry.   I’ll be having an early ‘dinner tonight.    And my knee is not just ‘sair, but ....‘awfie sair’, after hirpling down to Sainsbury’s and back.    I was lucky with the weather;  the rain relented both times.


19.00    When I got back home I immediately had a very welcome cuppa.    There’s coffee machine in the Reception area of the garage, but like most things electronic, it was way beyond me.    Anything with more than one ‘button’ is complicated .... so, I was fairly desperate for the cuppa by the time I was back at Ivy.


I took that car out for a ‘test’ run in the afternoon;  the Balbuthie Loan run, stopping
Main Street - Kinneuchar.
to take today’s photographs on the way through Kinneuchar.   The sky is beginning to look very ominous;  rain is forecast overnight right enough .... and it looks like it could be starting to rain sooner rather than later.    Actually the weather forecast is a blessing for this tired boy tonight;  I won’t have to get up for sunrise tomorrow morning!   Having said that I’ll still be ‘up’ at 05.00 to check the weather cams  on ‘Fife Weather’.    It’s sad I know but it’s what I do!   No wonder I’m tired by evening time!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....