Nippy on the lugs ....


15th October 2018 (Monday) ....  08.30   We have a bonnie, but nippy on
Heron on the Cockstail rocks.
the lugs, morning.... 3c on the Ivy garden thermometer.    There’s only a light north west breeze ;  so very little chill factor;  but not the best of drying winds.    It’s mostly overcast
just now, but the sun should burn the cloud off by mid morning... and raise the temperature!   Orf to have a cuppa, before I dismantle the bottom bunk.




20.30    Eureka .... my housewifely planning works!    I looked at the weather forecast on Friday, (the day I took ‘JB’ to Kirkcaldy station) to find out the best day to wash the sheets .... and decided on Monday.     It has been perfect;  well perhaps not quite perfect, but nearly so:  a slightly friskier breeze would have been perfect.     Nonetheless I am contented with my ‘ousewifely forward planning.     I had better do some more forward planning before Friday;  I am  showing some of my photographs to the WRI girls.    Slight panic on!

Morning sunlight on the Ferry High Street.
The bunk bed has been totally dismantled.... and one of the mattresses is folded in two, and in the back of the car ready to go to the skip at Pittenweem tomorrow morning.    Unfortunately I can only get one at a time in the car;   and that’s thanks to Shona who showed me how to fold the back seat forward.     Shona had been at Ardross Farm Shop and dropped by on the way home.   We celebrated by having a cuppa in the Hutte.    George arrived just as Shona was leaving;  I had another cuppa, with George. 
  
It has been a beautiful day.... though cool in the breeze.    I went down to the beach at sunset time, and was pleased to see a good few people out in the late evening sun;  it was a nice evening for a leisurely walk.

 Iain (Auchnagatt) is coming down on Wednesday;  in fact Jackie, Catriona and Iain
10 minutes after sunset.
are all coming down on Wednesday.     Catriona is having a tour of St Andrews University....and Iain is dropping the girls off at St Andrews, before coming down to Ivy.    This gives me enough time to find jobs that need to be done .... on Wednesday!

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to get rid of the mattresses.    Pittenweem is open from 09.00 so I should get both trips done before lunch....  and have a break for morning coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....