Hmmmmm?....

9th October 2018 (Tuesday) ....  08.00   The beach was quiet.... that said it
Overcast .... and damp morning.
isn’t the bonniest of mornings for going to the beach: the weather being ‘breezy with light rain blowing through now and again’.    Strangely enough the air is quite warm.    I’m beginning to feel confident that this could be the day that the bunks get dismantled. 


  
21.00    John and I went up to St Andrews;  intending to bumble around the auld place.   We got moored up at the harbour, walked out to the end of the pier, and were back at the car just as the rain started in earnest... and, bringing with it the end to any bumbling around St Andrews plan.    We came home via the coast road for the run;   I would say that we’ve done this route in better weather.    It remained dreich for the remainder of the afternoon.    My washing did not dry.

John on St Andrews pier.
Oh .... the bunk beds have been dismantled;  we thought it was going to be a long job, but it only took an hour.... which is why we were able to go to St Andrews.     Actually we left the bottom bunk as a base for the two bunk mattresses;   my bed for tonight.   It will be like sleeping on a blancmange, because the bunk mattresses are soft.    The job was done in time for me to go for morning coffee in Harbour House with the ‘troops’.   Dry, and warm weather is forecast for tomorrow so we intend painting the front of Ivy.    Maybe
.
My washing is still on the line;  I’ll bring it in tomorrow and give it a spin before hanging it out again.   Being that we are going to be painting the front of Ivy tomorrow,  we don’t plan to go gallivanting:  though we are going to the Ship Inn for food later in the day.... probably evening time.

We’re both feeling tired tonight;   I think it must have been walking out St Andrews pier
St Sndrews pier.
that has brought this tiredness on.    Plenty of cool fresh air;  it was very breezy.   Funnily enough the pier was busier than I expected;  the students are back right enough, and most of the folk on the pier were young, and student looking.
I’m going to see if ‘JB’ wants a game of Wii golf before I go to bed;  I need the practice.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....