If it wisnae dark it would be bright and breezy....


28th October 2018 (Sunday) .... 06.00    It is a bonnie, if cauld,
Nice morning.
morning... and looks like we have the beginnings of a nice day.     I see on the computer clock that it is only 05.45;   I‘d better change the clocks, or the world will be out of kilter with Ivy Cottage!    Nothing new there!    Oh welll ... I’m ‘up’;   I’ll have a cuppa then go down to the beach.  

 
14.00     My word.... the Outreach Committee  Harvest Lunch was excellent:  then, everything they do, the Outreach Committee, is excellent.    I can’t understand how they are managing so well without me!    My contribution was, as ever, scoff the food.... and leave a contribution in the plate.    The ‘collection’ was going to a well deserving cause;  the Food Bank in Ainster.   The fact that Food Banks exist doesn’t say much for the politicians of this country.     Oh the Service bit of the morning was interesting too, though the hymns were a bit dull .... only one was of the laldie kind;  and it was short.   We did it three times!   I was on my way out of the kirk when, thankfully, Elaine asked me if I was going to the Harvest Lunch.   Imagine me forgetting about ‘food’.

Showery afternoon.
We have a bonnie afternoon;   having been on the move since 05.00 I’m beginning to feel sleepy:  methinks ‘50’is called for.   My body disnae consider clock changes;  it wakes up at 'natural time’.

19.00    I’ve had a lazy afternoon;  I fell asleep in front of the tele.    It was only for about 45 minutes, but when I woke up and went out to see what was going on in the street, I found that a heavy shower of rain had passed over:  and that I’d missed a cracker of a rainbow.   Chris got some good photos of it (the rainbow) on his phone.     I’d missed the shower, and the rainbow, but I did see some bonnie clouds around;   I got the camera and went to the beach.    I could see that there were heavy showers all  around us;  in fact it looked like one of them was making for the ‘Royal Burgh’.   I don’t think it did reach
Earlsferry High Street.
us;   if it did, I was back in Ivy before it arrived!


This clock change means that it’s dark just after 17.00;   and this boy... this tired boy...  is going to be ready for (and ‘in’) his bed early tonight.    Tomorrow the car is getting its winter service and I have to be in Leven for 09.00.   While it’s being serviced I’m going to visit Janet, and catch up with all her ‘News’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....