Cool wind... but a nice morning


22nd October 2018 (Monday) .... 09.00    There’s a brisk north westerly
Lovely morning .... but cool when exposed to the wind.
breeze this morning, and it is taking a few degrees off the temperature
 ....so it’s cool on the beach .... but there is a great quantity of fresh air to share around.    It’s a nice morning, albeit cool in the frisky wind.... and it looks like we could have a good drying day.    I’ll add washing to the ‘plan’ for today.   Right now it’s breakfast time;  I had to go up to the paper shop for milk so that I could have my ‘Weetabix’.   Must go ... slight “flap on”.... I’m hungry.


20.00   We have a windy evening at the Centre of the Universe, so the Ivy Cottage hatches were battened down at 18.30, the heating turned up.... and the kettle ‘on’:   actually... I’ll stop here and make myself a cuppa.

I
Crail harbour.
feel sorry for Theresa May, our Prime Minister (I’ve been watching the tele while having a cuppa .... and a scone).    She, Theresa May, is trying to come up with some kind of Brexit ‘deal’ but is being hammered from all sides.... including members of her own ‘Party’.    She appears to be in a ‘lose lose’ situation.:   and.... being held to ransom by the DUP must be humiliating, and does nothing to help the situation.    It is going to be interesting to see how it all ends.

We do have a wild night!    I went out to check the car when the tea was infusing, and there are leaves blowing all over the place.   At least it is dry.
Fancying a change of scene, I went to Crail harbour in the afternoon.  The whole of the East Neuk is picturesque, but Crail harbour has that something that makes it different:  which is why you see it on calendars.    I came home via the ‘back road’, and enjoyed my afternoon mystery jaunt.   Tomorrow morning I’m jaunting to Leven, to get my haircut;  and do a wee shopping when I’m there.  
 
Remember the cheese scones I ‘made’ last week?    I bunged the last of them out to the
Elie Bay at sunset time.
birds.   Two Jackdaws came down, gave them a perfunctory peck, and decided to give them, the scones a miss.   I’ve put them (the scones – not the Jackdaws) in the broon bucket;  the contents of which is composted.   That’s what they think!   I think my cheese scones will test the compost manufacturing system to the limit.   Orf to make another cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....