Quiet morning ....


17th October 2018 (Wednesday) .... 08.30   I’m feeling peckish after my
The sun breaking through ... 5 minutes after actual sunrise
daunder to the beach:  oh ... it’s a nice quiet morning, and has the look, and feel, of a bonnie day about it.    I suppose I should have my breakfast;   that will ease the hungry feeling!    And I need a cuppa.    I’ll potter around Ivy , sorting out the ‘Office’ until Iain arrives.



 

09.30    Jings  .... there’s a lump of low cloud come over from the Northwest,  and all of a sudden it’s cold and grey.    It should pass over and leave us with ‘bright and sunny’....  I’ve got a washing going through, and do not want ‘overcast and grey’.     Orf to have another cuppa!

Largo Bay.

20.00     Iain arrived about 10.00;  earlier than I expected;  so we were also able to do more than I had planned.   We started with a cuppa, then had a game of bowls, before going to the harbour then out to Shell Bay to have a wander out to Jimmy’s ‘Ponderosa’ site, then on to the Southern end of the new golf course at Dumbarnie links.

By the time we got back to Ivy we were starving;  and promptly had a cuppa with a cheese scone.     I then set about digging a couple of frozen macaroni meals:  which I cooked in the microwave for eleven minutes.   The macaroni was definitely hot enough.... but ...oh dear.... the top was tough.    Mind you it may have been hard (literally) work,.... but it was tasty.   About an hour ago I remembered that, when I was in Sainsbury’s yesterday, I bought a pack of three lamb steaks for today’s lunch.    They are now being casseroled.  I am a silly boy.    I’ll do spuds and make two shepherds pies.    Iain and I worked our macaroni off by putting some stuff up in the attic, and  having a game of bowls, and golf.... on the Wii machine.
Dumbarnie Likns Golf Course takes shape.

I’m tired tonight... but contented.... after a busy and happy day:  I have been a bit ‘down’ since ‘JB’ went off home.    I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow;  except that I must remember that it is Thursday... and ‘Drop in Cafe’ day!   I’ll sort out some more of Maggie’s office stuff in the morning.   
   
According to the weather forecast we are in for a cool night, with the early morning temperature down to 3c.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....