Crackin' morning' .....


18th October 2018 (Thursday) .... 07.00    It is cold but not frosty.... with
The sun beginning to rise over the East Links.
a lovely clear sky breaking in the East.    I’m off to the beach with the camera;  we could have a bonnie sunrise.     Sunrise doesn’t happen for another 40 minutes, but it’s the kind of morning when I want to be out.



08.30     I wasn’t the only one ‘out’ this morning;  we had joggers, and dog walkers on the beach on what is a perfect morning for bumbling about on a beach.   The sunrise was bonnie but not spectacular...  but the mood was incredible;  a great start to the ‘day’.    I suppose I’d better have breakfast now!

..... friendly dawg!

20.00      I’ve had a busy day.... most of the time has been spent ‘playing’ though I have also sorted through another heap of paper.    I didn’t realise just how much paper work Maggie did.     Anyway the seven years are up so I can gradually get rid of a lot of it.    Of course I have taken time out to play a few games of golf.
‘Harbour House’ was busy this morning;  the girls were in for their morning coffee, but only Geoff and I were their representing ‘the boys’.    Myra and Jim had were otherwise engaged.     When I’d finished at Harbour House I went down to the harbour for a potter around, before going home:  home, to continue sorting out paper stuff.... and getting the wee room ready for the new bed.

Would you believe it;   I actually remembered that this was ‘Drop in Cafe’ day.    It was very quiet at first.    A couple of ‘strangers dropped in which livened things up considerably.   They are on holiday in Lower Largo, and we ended up chatting;  would you believe it about ‘the Royal Burgh’ at first.    The subject then changed to kirks and the fact that they are going out of use at an ever increasing rate:  and the fact that the buildings are mostly of solid Victorian type.    They represented communities that have either gone or are going;  even the towns and cities had neighbourhood churches.
Man admiring the Royal Burgh from Elie Harbour.
    The ‘Cafe’ may have started quietly but it was soon buzzin’.     I enjoyed myself.

Tomorrow I intend to continue sorting out paper, playing golf, having morning coffee and being more or less my normal self.     I am showing some of my photographs to the local WRI tomorrow evening:  I’d better no’ forget that!     The weather is forecast to be windier with a slight chance of light showers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....