Painting morning ....


10th October 2018 (Wednesday) ....   08.30   It’s a beautiful morning for
 Elie Bay this morning.
painting, and ... surprisingly .... I am ‘in a painting mood’.    That could wear off... because it’s also a bonnie day for going out with the camera.    I’ve been on the beach.... it was serene;  and I’m happy with this morning’s beach photos.   I had to go up for the papers early as we had run out of milk;   can’t have Cornflakes without milk.




16.30    Amazing ‘news’.....  ‘JB’ and I have been busy boys today; .... we painted the front  of ‘Ivy’.    This is really only the preparatory coat, but this would see it through the winter:  unless a really nice day comes before then, and I feel ‘in the mood’ for doing it.    The next time it will be done mostly with a paint roller.   It has been the perfect day for painting:  but I missed ‘morning coffee’ in Harbour House, and the Friendship Lunch.   The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘nae bad’ ... but showers are mentioned for our area, so no painting.     Anyway I’ll sleep well tonight.    That reminds me:  sleeping on the two bunk mattresses turned out to be OK.     It was like
'JB' workin' like aTrojan.
sleeping on a water bed.... and I actually had a comfortable night’s sleep. 

We’re eating out this evening;  at the ‘Ship Inn’, so no food to prepare.   I’m the driver tonight.   I wonder why that is?



23.00    John and I had a pleasant evening in the ‘Ship Inn’... including an excellent ‘Bar Supper’.   ‘JB’ treated me because I allowed him to help me paint the outside of ‘Ivy Cottage’.    This has been a perfect day for painting outside;  and for doing anything outside.


We have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  however, I think ‘JB’ intends going for a decent walk.... something he can’t do when I’m tagging along.    I’ll go for morning coffee when I pick up the papers;  in the afternoon, if the weather is amenable, we’ll take the car over to Shell Bay and have a walk over to see the new Dumbarnie
er .... me working!
Golf Course.    John is going off home on Friday:  he’s taking the train to London and stopping there for a few days with friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....