Blustery shower(s) ....


30th October 2018 (Tuesday) ....06.30    there’s a blustery shower
Blustery showers all over the place this morning.
passing over us just now, so I’m confined to Ivy ... with a cuppa:  the beach will still be there after the rain/sleet.    The ‘plan’ was to  wash the Aran jersey first thing, but I’m ‘all of a dither’ now;  I didn’t expect showers this early in the day.



08.00     There’s a brisk south-easterly breeze this morning, so it is cool on the beach .... but enjoyable.    There are showers all around us:  and, would you believe it, I stopped dithering and my Aran jersey is going though the washing machine!    It looks like it'll have to hang over a ‘horse’ in the Hutte to dry.  


Balcarres Estate - just as it began to spit rain.
13.30     I’ve been for the papers.... and really relaxing morning coffee.      We’ve had a morning of heavy showers, and, for those worried about the Aran jersey.... it is now on a ‘horse in the Hutte.    I am now going to bumble up to Colinsburgh to put fuel in the car.


18.30    As my habit when I fuel up the car at Colinsburgh I have a run through Balcarres Estate stopping at various places to get a few photographs.    The showers disrupted the ‘plan’ I had in mind so I didn’t get the photographs that I wanted.   Oh well .... there’s always ‘next time’.      I also visited the harbour and Chapel Green.    The showers have been a nuisance;  in between them, it has been lovely.      More of the same is forecast for tomorrow, though there could be a longer spell of rain later in the afternoon. 
  
Elioe Harbour.
Tomorrow I take the car to Leven to get two tyres;  and something else that it needs.     I’m hoping to get the car back in time to go to the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Lunch’ at 12.30.   Tyres take ‘nae time’ but the ‘something else’ could take longer.   Oh .... it’s something to do with  brakes.   Getting the car done is my ‘plan’ for tomorrow.    And the Colinsburgh Lite Lunch if I’m back in time.


22.30     I watched an interesting programme about New Zealand on the tele this evening.    New Zealand is an absolutely beautiful country, but the arrival of humans, and the introduction of foreign predators, has been catastrophic for the native fauna.     However there is hope for the native New Zealand species:  a very active Conservation plan, that has brought some New Zealand birds, on the very brink of extinction back from the cliff edge.    This is happening on remote islands that have been cleared of the predating stoats, rats and cats etc. that we introduced.   Unfortunately this is too late for the Moa... and the others that have been lost, but at last something is being done now to save endangered native New Zealand fauna.    Impressive.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....