Peaceful morning ....


9th April 2018 (Monday) ....   09.30    We have an overcast sky this morning,
Elie.
but it should break up and give us ‘sunny spells’, by lunch time (might need to have a late lunch).    I’ve been down at the harbour, and photographed it ‘tae bits’ .... again.     Although the sky was overcast, and heavily so when I was down there, there was a nice ‘light’ about .... and it was peaceful.    I’ll need to bike up to Elie later and get the paper;   not having any money in my pocket when I was up there earlier. 

  

20.00   Three times I biked up to Elie this morning, coming home by Elie Estate  on the final ‘run’.     When I went up for the paper, I also bought milk;  then I thought (I
Kinneuchar loch swans .... Whooper furthest from camera.
rarely ‘think’) that the milk would be butter by the time I bumbled my way round Elie Estate, so I went home took the milk to Ivy Cottage, before finally making for the Estate.    I wanted to go up to Kinneuchar loch because there was only a smirr of wind; meaning that the loch would be mirror like.     I got there to find that it wasn’t quite mirror like, but not far off it.    The swans were fairly close in again;   I think that they have come from a loch where they are accustomed to being fed, because when they see me they come over to mooch.    I heard a sound like an old fashioned car horn coming from the ‘flotilla’, and then spotted the distinctive beak of a Whooper.     In point of fact there are a number of words used to describe a group of swans;  I use ‘flotilla’ because that’s what they remind me of when on the loch.    Bevvy, bank, game, whiteness, and herd, are a few of the other words used in different parts of the country/world.

Harbour House was ‘open’ when I was up in Elie (the paper trip,) so I had coffee with
Kinneuchar loch .... this morning.
Geoff and Jim..... Myra, who would normally be there, was busy elsewhere.    The villages are still full of people and activity, though not as busy as last week.   

Oh dear  ... I just, this minute, remembered that there is a meeting in the Town Hall about the proposed housing developments in Earlsferry and Elie.    I meant to go to that, but I started working on the computer .... and promptly forgot the meeting.  

The weather forecast for tomorrow is for the sky to be more overcast than it has been today;  and the wind is to be from the East, and there could be a chance of rain later in the afternoon.    Any biking etc, will have to be done first thing in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....