Cracker of a morning ....


21st April 2018 (Saturday) .... 10.30     We have an absolute cracker of a morning at the Centre of the Universe;    bright, sunny, and warm, with only a smirr of
Kincraig Cliffs - Earlsferry.
a westerly breeze.    I went out early, and photographed my way from  West Bay, round to the harbour;   starting an hour before high tide, and finishing an hour after high tide.
   I met a couple down at the harbour looking for a Black Necked Grebe  (hereafter BNG) which has been seen out on the bay.   Apparently somebody ‘scoped’ it (the BNG) a couple of days ago.    That will be twitcher lingo for a sighting by telescope.    This ‘happy bunny’ is now going to have a look at the photographs I 'took';  being a ‘reflections’ morning, I have a lot of photos to look at.


The West end of Earlsferry.
17.00    This has been an excellent day, probably the best so far this year;  warm (19c in Ivy garden), bright and sunny for the whole day:  even I have a touch of the sun.    I got that working in the garden!    I decided to clean out the half barrel water feature... and that took me a bit of time:   most of the time sorting out the hose.    After resorting to cutting off the trigger thing, at the end of the hose (it was leaking all over the place), I eventually got the job done.    (Note to me - I must buy one of the new hoses that don’t get knotted).      
George (Gordon) ‘dropped in’ for a blether this afternoon.    He was out on his bike, taking advantage of the bonnie afternoon.    It was while we were sitting in the Hutte, that I decided I needed to clean out the water tub.    That job I did, after George went
Elie.
orf on his merry way.     While I was doing the tub ‘Blob’ cleaned up the biscuit crumbs in the Hutte. 


    19.30    Without doubt this has been the best day we’ve had for a long time:  it began bonnie, and continued that way, throughout the whole day!    This is the kind of  weather we’ve been dreaming about for months.    If only we could get a long spell of it!    We certainly deserve one, after the elongated winter we’ve been through.
The weather forecast is ‘nae bad’ for tomorrow;  not quite as warm, with a bit of wind later.   There is a ‘Weather Warning’ out for possible thunder storms overnight:  they are hitting the south coast just now.   They might have petered out, by the time they (the thunder storms) reach the Borders.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....